Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do people outgrow their cluster (Read 2785 times)
wsnurse
CH.com Junior

Give a Smile every Day

Do people outgrow their cluster
Oct 16th, 2019 at 4:13pm

My Dad had them for 10 years and they just stopped.
I have had them since 2010.

What is the oldest member with cluster headaches?

Any chance mine with stop?
Kim

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Do people outgrow their cluster
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 10:24am

I'm 75 and the CH beast is still there... waiting for me to stop taking vitamin D3.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 5:35pm

I've had these since I was 17 AND I'm 54 If  I don't take vitamin D they return.

Thanks Mark.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 2:59am

I've always believed we all grow out of it.

It's the one single hope that's kept me going all these years.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 9:40am

Mine started when I was 27. I’m 72 now. The CH’s stopped 6 years ago.
So, yes, you might outgrow them.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 8:09am

Mine started in my early 20's and quit in my mid 50's, about 13 years ago.  I wish everyone the same result.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

brain_cramps_2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Calgary, AB, Canada
Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 6:51pm

I haven't been here for years but over the last week they have returned.  I hope that others can have the 15 yrs of PF time I had.

Started: 21
Ended: 43
Now: 58

Here we go again.  Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2019 at 7:40pm by brain_cramps_2 »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #7 - Nov 23rd, 2019 at 7:54pm

Rotten news that your 15 years is over,  mate,  but on the brighter side there's been some great leaps forward in that time on how to manage these monsters.

The  Oxygen Info  button on the left of your screen will show loverly new tank set-ups running at 15-25lpm with a purpose-built mask available here to give terrific results as an abortive.

There's also lots on the diet front  (of all places)  and huge work has been done perfecting a Vitamin D regimen which is showing astonishment improvements for so many ClusterHeads.

It's lousy luck you've had to come looking but at least we've good news to offer you.

Good luck,  and let us know how you're getting on because we care,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2019 at 3:36pm

Another years-ago member piping up here. I had my last cycle maybe 5-6 years ago around age 60, and pretty much nothing since. Although in the last week or so I've had some scares... but I think they were simply that.

For me I believe the trick was getting rid of what must have been my major trigger: alcohol. After my head and neck cancer treatment in 2009 I was advised never to drink again and I gave it up completely.

Of course I did have that one cycle a coupla years later, but attribute it entirely to some nitro cream I was prescribed to take care of something called Raynaud's disease, which is a circulatory problem.

So on balance I would have to say, with fingers and toes crossed, that I have outgrown the CHs that have been plaguing me since my 30s.

My advice to you would be to see if you can identify your triggers and then do your damndest to eliminate or at least reduce them. This might require some trial and error.

Oh and PS, apologies to the group for my absence. It's one cancer after another around here....

IP Logged

Dennis
CH.com Junior

People's Republic of Mass.
Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2020 at 10:08pm

Joined this site in 1998, at age 38.  Check back in every so often to see if I can help anyone.  This post caught my eye.

Mine started in high school, at about 16.  Didn't know if I would live through it during my 30s and 40s.  Last attack was in 2009, at age 49.  I'll be 60 next week, and I have actually traveled out of state without any Imitrex injections!

My theory is my blood vessels have stiffened some with age, and so they don't dilate like they used to.  Don't know, really.  Just grateful, and I wanted to share that there is hope.

Pain free days to all...

Dennis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!