Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ElectroCore Faces Class Action Headache (Read 1621 times)
Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
ElectroCore Faces Class Action Headache
Oct 19th, 2019 at 5:21pm

ElectroCore Faces Class Action Headache

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As a summary:

Quote:
A class-action lawsuit has been filed against bioelectronic medicine company electroCore, Inc. and some of its officers and directors, alleging they violated federal securities laws by providing false and misleading information to investors about its lead product in the run-up to the company’s IPO. The lawsuit is intended to cover investors who purchased electroCore stock between June 22, 2018 and Sept. 25, 2019.

The key part (from my non-lawyer) reading of the article is:
Quote:
“The company lacked sufficient clinical data demonstrating that gammaCore was effective and safe for migraine prevention,” said the complaint. “As a result, doctors and patients were unlikely to adopt gammaCore over existing treatments.”

Note that it doesn't say:
  • It doesn't work
  • It isn't safe
  • It isn't better or worse than alternatives

All it does say is that there isn't "sufficient" clinical data demonstrating effectiveness and safety.

Hopefully this doesn't result in the removal of an option that at least some people with migraine and / or cluster headache have found to be effective.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2019 at 1:00am by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: https://www.ai-cio.com/news/electrocore-faces-clas
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2019 at 10:38pm

Mike NZ wrote on Oct 19th, 2019 at 5:21pm:
All it does say is that there isn't "sufficient" clinical data demonstrating effectiveness and safety.

I doubt there's  "sufficient"  clinical data demonstrating the effectiveness and safety of packets of frozen peas,  but that's never stopped us CHeads!

All power to  ElectroCore  for at least trying to give us something that might help.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: https://www.ai-cio.com/news/electrocore-faces-clas
Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 1:02am

Mike NZ wrote on Oct 19th, 2019 at 5:21pm:
I doubt there's  "sufficient"  clinical data demonstrating the effectiveness and safety of packets of frozen peas,  but that's never stopped us CHeads!.

And when does that stop a lawyer trying to make $$$?

And if it resulted in gammaCore being taken off the market? Well I'm not sure how some lawyers can do things like that...  Sad

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: ElectroCore Faces Class Action Headache
Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 1:28am

I agree completely which is why I reckon in all such cases it should be up to the litigators to prove the device  doesn't  help some poor sods who must live with these dread conditions.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 4:51am

This is purely a financial lawsuit. The accusation is that they “may” have exaggerated research information in order to bump up the share price before an IPO.

The sales of gammaCore have probably not reached the projected figures, so the share price slips, leaving some of the people who invested with a bit of a loss.

It is an important part of my arsenal against the Beast, so I’ll keep using it without shedding any tears for the investors or lawyers.

On a side note, Mike, good result in the Rugby World Cup against Ireland yesterday.... Cry  Cry  Cry Cry

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

eye eye
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 12:43pm

hi pete just received my gammacore sapphire a few weeks and have had blood in my nose when blowing it on a tissue,not sure if gammacore is responsible ,have you ever experienced the same

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 4:53pm

Eye eye,

No. I have never had any reactions whatsoever, other than it killing off an attack.

I’ve been using it since 2012, although it is very occasional now, since I started the D3 Regimen in 2015.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!