Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Human Barometer. (Read 1087 times)
AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
The Human Barometer.
Oct 27th, 2019 at 12:09am

So many of us have commented for so long about changing weather and its effect on CH.

This is from a migraine site referring specifically to migraine but the cross-overs are startling.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Perhaps we're not mad after all.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: The Human Barometer.
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 6:08am

Brian,

That is me, ever since I can remember. In my childhood my siblings never believed me when I would say “there’s a storm coming, I can feel it in the back of my neck”.

On the other side, the huge buzz of energy I got in the summer when the sun shone was not only the atmospheric pressure, but probably an early indication of my D3 deficiency, and I was very much an outdoors kid. Loads of sports, camping and such, so I should have been getting lots of D3.

This confirms to me the value of understanding and listening to our own bodies, and how little medical science knows about this sort of thing.

Than for the post.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 3:53pm

Bad weather has always been a migraine trigger for me, although I doubt it is as simple as just a pressure drop as I've also done a few hundred flights during the same time period and if anything flying was a preventive with just a handful of flights at the most having a migraine.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2021 at 7:03pm

The barometer going up and down is the ONLY thing I've found to be a trigger. PF from CH (thanks to Vit D regime)but still get the migraines with the changing weather. And at my AGE, my old joints tell me when it's gonna rain - hit it almost every time.  Grin

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!