Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Managing through meditation: A helpful link (Read 874 times)
naomi
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Managing through meditation: A helpful link
Nov 18th, 2019 at 4:42pm

I have suffered from clusters for 25 years. This latest bout I have tried to live with the pain rather than fear it. A pain meditation has been helpful so I wanted to share here; it's 45-minutes long which will get me through the worst stage of the headache. Gives me something to keep me going and get out. Maybe it will resonate with some of you like it has with me:

I play it through the free Insight Timer meditation app
Search under Audio for headache. It's the only one that's 40+ minutes. 

It's called Pain Relief: Soothing Headache, Migraine, Pain, Stress and Anxiety

In it with all of you.  Kiss

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Managing through meditation: A helpful link
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 1:51am

G'day,  Naomi,  and welcome to the good ship CH.com where honest ClusterHeads and their Supporters gather to help each other through what really can be a nightmare.

I'm thrilled you're getting some relief from your meditation through music.  Many of us over the years have managed some form of what I call  "Diversion Therapy"  and certainly been none the worse for it.

My personal escape was to chant a manta as I paced to the point where nothing outside existed and I could keep it up through even a long Kip9 and come out the other end  unscathed.

A dear lady who suffered along with us terribly found she could  'magic'  her way to a beautiful beach and lie on the sand in her bikini beneath a wonderful sky.

As you've chosen to join our little club you may even like to tell us more about your journey with the beast we all know so well.  What's worked for you,  what hasn't worked,  and we may even be able to offer other suggestions.

As you say,  we're all in this together,

Brian down under.

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2019 at 2:02am by AussieBrian »  

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

naomi
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Managing through meditation: A helpful link
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 11:48am

Thank you for the welcome Brian. I have read this site from afar for years and can't say I'm exactly HAPPY to have joined (for obvious reasons !) but I'm truly thankful it's here.

I'll introduce myself in the new members forum.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2019 at 12:52pm by naomi »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!