Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Melatonin (Read 1348 times)
earthbee
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Melatonin
Jan 2nd, 2020 at 4:22pm

There are randomized placebo-controlled trials examining melatonin for preventive treatment of migraine and cluster headache. For cluster headache, melatonin 10 mg was superior to placebo. For migraine, a randomized placebo-controlled trial of melatonin 3 mg (immediate release) was positive, though an underpowered trial of melatonin 2 mg (sustained release) was negative. Uncontrolled studies, case series, and case reports cover melatonin’s role in treating tension-type headache, hypnic headache, hemicrania continua, SUNCT/SUNA and primary stabbing headache.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5012937/

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Melatonin
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:25pm

G'day,  Earthbee,  and welcome to our little house.

Melatonin has had quite a following here over the years and if this link works  (I'm not very good at these things)  it'll take you to any number of threads discussing it.

Hope this helps and jump straight back in if we can help in any other way.

All headaches are horrible,

Brian down under.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

earthbee
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 6:58am

[quote author=477375756F6344746F6768060 link=1578000144/1#1 date=1578018334]G'day,  Earthbee,  and welcome to our little house.

Melatonin has had quite a following here over the years and if this link works  (I'm not very good at these things)  it'll take you to any number of threads discussing it.

Brian down under.

Tryptamine is the common functional group in a set of compounds termed collectively substituted tryptamines. This set includes many biologically active compounds, including neurotransmitters and psychedelic drugs.

5-Methoxytryptamine

5-Methoxytryptamine (5-MT), also known as mexamine, is a tryptamine derivative closely related to the neurotransmitters serotonin and melatonin. 5-MT has been shown to occur naturally in the body in low levels.[1] It is biosynthesized via the deacetylation of melatonin in the pineal gland.[1]

5-MT acts as a full agonist at the 5-HT1, 5-HT2, 5-HT4, 5-HT6, and 5-HT7 receptors.[2][3][4][5][6][7][8] It has no affinity for the 5-HT3 receptor and is affinity for the 5-HT1E receptor is very weak in comparison to the other 5-HT1 receptors.[5][9] Its affinity for the 5-HT5A receptor is unknown.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register 6fb35c55176a4498f4dadc8d889e15f9-0-min.png (Attachment deleted | 1 )

IP Logged

earthbee
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 7:06am

AussieBrian wrote on Jan 2nd, 2020 at 9:25pm:
G'day,  Earthbee,  and welcome to our little house.

Brian down under.

Thank you brother in peace,

Please see for yourself this Shaman, he is basically a saint in the healing realm of possibilities for me anyway, so I hope and pray that you will be pain free and have a open heart^^,
youtube.com/watch?v=xI4N-gz4Zzw

IP Logged

earthbee
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2020 at 7:08am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
-my-cluster-headaches

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Research into psilocybin and LSD as cluster headache treatment

Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2020 at 7:10am by earthbee »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!