Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Intro (Read 838 times)
Amramrn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

My Intro
Jan 26th, 2020 at 12:50pm

Hi,
I found this page many years ago after researching “migraines in groups”, realizing that I must likely have been suffering cluster headaches and not migraines. I first started having these HAs when I was about 13 and they started in my nose only. I remember my mother taking me to an allergist, who have me toradol for the pain. I can’t remember if it helped since that was 30 yrs ago. I do remember having them at 10 am, during the summer time. They’d only last a few min then stop. As I git older, they finally became the typical vascular HA type abc I was diagnosed  with migraines by a pedi neuro. Fro then til I was about 20 or so, I’d have 3-4 full blown migraines through the summer pretty spread out. After that, I stated going into what I learned are remissions that went From1 yr to 1.5 yrs and they seemed to get a little longer each time BUT I would get them for a couple of weeks. They’d stop just as mysteriously as they start. Before I knew they were the Beast, I tried beta blockers and one antiseizure med as preventive. I doubt they worked because by the rind they were suppose to, my cycle was over. What I found this page, I mentioned to my adult neuro that I thought they were cluster HAs and had told me he didn’t think so because they’re more of a male dominated problem. After he didn’t see me fit 2 years, then again, he finally thought I was correct. I don’t remember what we tried then but soon after, my cycle ended. Fast forward 3 yrs, we moved to Houston and I saw a Neuro here and the first thing out of his moth after I told him what I thought I had was “THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU  HAVE”.  I was so happy to finally get the right DX and treatment, everything I learned from THIS page!! I got oxygen and we tried verapamil but once shrub, my cycle was over a few weeks later. That was 4 yrs ago and the beast is here now Cry

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Re: My Intro
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 6:02pm

Read up on the vitamin D regiment and if you drink alcohol that seems to be a trigger you want to stay away from that.Read everything you can here.

Mark.

IP Logged

Amramrn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: My Intro
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 6:49pm

I actually used the regimen last cycle, 4 yrs ago. Not sure if it helped because my cycles usually last about 4-5 weeks. I’ve bet. Back on the full regimen for about 2 weeks abc was only taking the D3 and k 3 weeks before that. I also just posted on the treatments page as well. I’ve been a lurker on here since about 4 cycles before with at least a 2 yr remission in between so I’ve read a lot on here. I also didn’t really drink at all. I just finally decided to post this cycle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!