Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Coronavirus PSA (Read 26845 times)
Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Coronavirus PSA
Jan 27th, 2020 at 2:35pm

To All,

The following might be of interest given the growing hysteria over the coronavirus. The coronavirus, enterovirus (colds and flu) and rihinovirus (colds) responsible for upper respiratory infections are all about the same size and shape with the same propensity and mechanism for spreading.

Accordingly, for the CHers on the anti-inflammatoy regimen, adding a gram or two of vitamin C a day can help. For CHers and Supporters not taking this regimen, taking at least 5000 IU/day vitamin D3, 1000 mg/day Omega-3 fish oil and 1 to 2 grams/day vitamin C can help immune systems combat upper respiratory viral infections.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

For reference this combination of vitamins and minerals has an NNT of 2 in preventing viral infections.  The NNT = The Number Needed to Treat to prevent one case of the viral infection.  From CDC data, the best matched flu vaccine has an NNT of 12 to 40.

Take care,
V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2020 at 2:44pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Coronavirus PSA
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:25am

Some additional information on what to do to help avoid a corona virus infection from an Integrative physician:  Dr. Brownstein ND, Jan 26 2020

"Wearing a mask will not help protect you from becoming ill with any viral infection—corona virus included. I would check that off the list."

"As for getting the flu shot? Fugetaboutit. It won’t help corona infections and there was a study which found an increased risk in non-influenza infections, including coronavirus, in those that received the trivalent flu vaccine."

"First, it is important to maintain optimal levels of nutrients, particularly vitamins A, C, and D."

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:27am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 7:14pm

I've been following this a little bit and while some say the masks are useless at preventing coronovirus others say they may help and so possible protection is better than no protection.

A common opinion and important consideration, however, is that those wearing masks are less likely to spread an infection they may not even know they have.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:40pm

As an aside, we've a very popular beer here in Oz called VB and an honest hangover is oft referred to as "VB virus".

I wonder what the makers of Corona beer think about the name of this new beastie.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2020 at 8:06am

A caller on Rush Limbaugh yesterday said a 2008 study of people with Schizophrenia were given large doses of vitamin D3 and none of them contracted the flu for over a year.  I checked clinicaltrials.gov.  They were given 50,000 IU/week of vitamin D3 (an average of~ 7100 IU/day) for 3 months.  That makes my point about taking the anti-inflammatory regimen in spades!  President Trump echoed Rush's comments later yesterday

A long-time friend and fellow fighter pilot asked about putting the CoVid-19 pandemic in perspective, so here are some facts and figures that do just that.
Comparisons:
  • Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses. This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.
  • SARS (November 2002 to July 2003): was a coronavirus that originated from Beijing, China, spread to 29 countries, and resulted in 8,096 people infected with 774 deaths (fatality rate of 9.6%). Considering that SARS ended up infecting 5,237 people in mainland China, Wuhan
  • Coronavirus surpassed SARS on January 29, 2020, when Chinese officials confirmed 5,974 cases of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). One day later, on January 30, 2020 the novel coronavirus cases surpassed even the 8,096 cases worldwide which were the final SARS count in 2003.
  • MERS (in 2012) killed 858 people out of the 2,494 infected (fatality rate of 34.4%).

How contagious is the Wuhan Coronavirus? (Ro)

The attack rate or transmissibility (how rapidly the disease spreads) of a virus is indicated by its reproductive number (Ro, pronounced R-nought or r-zero), which represents the average number of people to which a single infected person will transmit the virus.
  • WHO's estimated (on Jan. 23) Ro to be between 1.4 and 2.5.
  • Other studies have estimated a Ro between 3.6 and 4.0, and between 2.24 to 3.58.
  • Preliminary studies had estimated Ro to be between 1.5 and 3.5.
  • An outbreak with a reproductive number of below 1 will gradually disappear.
  • For comparison, the Ro for the common flu is 1.3 and for SARS it was 2.0.

My take on all this remains the same.  My hair has yet to catch fire and we’re all taking the anti-inflammatory regimen with at least 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 or a capsule a week of the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU water soluble vitamin D3.  We’re also taking 2 to 4 grams/day of the liposomal vitamin C.

As you’ll see in the following charts, the spread of the CoVid-19 continues. CDC now says it’s WHEN not IF it spreads across the US.  It’s the blue fog of war and what we don’t know that causes the most angst.  For example, we know the seasonal flu has an endpoint usually when the Spring and Summer sun comes out and the UV in sunlight attenuates viral aerosols and surface virus drastically lowering the rate of infection.  As the CoVid-19 causes an infection spread by aerosols and close personal contact like seasonal influenza, I suspect we will see a drop in the rates of CoVid-19  infection starting in late April to early May depending on the latitude and elevation where you live.  That is just a SWAG on my part.  SWAG=Sophisticated Wild-Ass Guess.

On the brighter side there appear to be some beneficial outcomes as a result of the CoVid-19 pandemic.  Supply chain managers are now starting to source needed supplies from here in the US and US suppliers are ramping up production.  Nowhere is this more important than the medical and pharmaceutical supplies as most of the Rx medications are presently manufactured and packaged off shore in China, Myanmar and Vietnam.

There are three RCTs in progress using a vitamin C IV drip to treat pneumonia and other life-threatening conditions arising from CoVid-19 infection.  The results from these studies will be HUGE as Big Pharma will not be able to blow them off.

The equities markets stabilized for a while today then they fell.  It appears movements are being generated by Day-Trader/Hedge Fund managers.   They wait for a morning gain the sell short and buy back early the next day.

Now for a few charts on the CoVid-19 pandemic from WORLD O METER at the following link:

The first two charts show total rate of CoVid-19 infection (linear and logarithmic) and rate of CoVid-19 infection outside China where South Korea has the most (linear and Logarithmic.)

The slope of the curve appears to be flattening - not a great great sign, but promising

The slope of the curve appears to be increasing - Not a good sign

The following chart lists death rate by age.  This is about what we expected last week.

The following chart lists death rate by comorbidity.  Again, what we expected last week as these comorbid conditions tend to insult/weaken the immune system.

The take away here is outside China and Korea, the CoVid-19 death rate is very low. That is a very good sign.

There still remain unanswered questions like is China giving us the real story and not reduced numbers.  Unfortunately, I have the same question about the CDCs numbers as there have been very few genetic tests for the CoVid-19 infections in the US.  Moreover, the CDC limits these tests to people suspected of having the CoVid-19 infection who had either traveled to China or who were on the cruise ship quarantined in Japan.  The CDC also shipped out defective CoVid-19 test kits that give false positive and false negative readings so are useless.  Now they want $2.5 billion to develop a CoVid-19 vaccine….

For thems that follow things like this, do any of you recall the Zika scare from 2016?  The CDC was given $2 billion to develop a Zika vaccine… no Zika vaccine delivered to date and still no shrunken Zika heads to be found.  What did they do with the $2 billion dollars?  Hmmm… The way I see it, Big Government Bureaucrats are not to be trusted… Need I remind you about the deep staters at FBI and DOJ?

Bottom line...  Keep taking the anti-inflammatory regime and at least 2 grams of vitamin C/day.  If you're not taking this regimen... you should.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...  Is 50 cents a day too munch?

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2020 at 8:07am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

earthbee
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2020 at 8:20am

I hope it wipes out politicians who ban Psychedelic medicine as Psychedelic is the only thing that works for CH

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2020 at 5:00am

earthbee wrote on Mar 1st, 2020 at 8:20am:
I hope it wipes out politicians who ban Psychedelic medicine as Psychedelic is the only thing that works for CH

Wishing a slow and painful death upon politicians who disagree with you goes against all the religious concepts you've been sprouting in your previous posts.

You're also pushing psychedelic and illegal mind-altering drugs as the only effective means of combatting this dreadful disease.

This is not only monstrously wrong,  it's dangerous.

There are many wonderful treatments available to ClusterHeads so you may care to read further around our little site looking for such wonders as Oxygen,  some really interesting natural diets that are giving great results,  and even our Vitamin D3 regimen which is showing sensational success.

Or just stick with your gods, your shamans, and your opioids. 

We'll be here later to help if you want us,

Brian down under.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2020 at 1:17pm

Well said Brian.

I have asked the Moderators to remove that disgraceful post.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 6:49am

Monday 2 March, 2020,

First the good news:  Today the stock markets gained back a third of what they lost last week and the CoVid-19 test kits started shipping out last Friday.

Now for the other news: 103 infected in the US and 6 dead as of 21:00 PST Monday.   Unfortunately this is just the beginning as many more will follow in both categories in the daze to come now that the test kits confirm the growing number of CoVid-19 viral infections.

Four of the six deaths in Washington that occurred in the Seattle area, were community dwelling seniors at a managed care nursing facility East of Seattle.  I expect the number of deaths to the CoVid-19 virus at that facility to go up over the next few days as it's clear the infection was spreading for more than a week before they implemented containment measures and the staff started wearing protective garments and face masks.

The first case in the US with the CoVid-19 virus recovered from the first phase of CoVid-19 infection then went back to school.  10 days later the second phase of CoVid-19 infection started so he was shedding virus at school for a few days before going back into quarantine. They closed the school when his second phase of infection started, but it appears there will be more cases of community spread CoVid-19 infection.

Taking 3 grams/day vitamin C and at least 5,000 IU vitamin D3 will help prevent CoVid-19 infection and should lessen the severity of this infection should it occur.  At least this is something proactive we can do besides following the CDC recommendations to wash our hands, cough into a tissue and avoid crowds.

The CDC has yet to acknowledge the 50 Ton shipment of vitamin C to Wuhan China.  Doctors there in China are getting their ducks in a row, treating CoVid-19 patients with plenty of vitamin C.  Not so for the CDC.  They're off on a lark trying to find an Rx antiviral treatment and a vaccine that will take over a year from phase 1 testing completion before it's available to the public.  It sure looks like the CDC has a Big Pharma mentality.  Maybe it's just me, but this sure looks bad for the CDC with vitamin C and vitamin D3 looking them in the face.

Take care,
V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Payg
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

NC
Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 3:50pm

Hi All!  It's been a while since I've posted so that means things have been going very well.  I still check in on occasion to see if anything new and exciting is happening in the CH world so when checking in today I had to comment on this post.

Batch, thanks for keeping us updated on COVID-19.  I'm a HUGE Rush Limbaugh fan and listen each day at lunch.  To be honest, this virus has got me a bit antsy but when I see the numbers laid out as Batch did in his post it is a bit reassuring.  (Although I will admit to going to the grocery store and doing a little "stocking up" -- probably watched the movie Contagion too many times.  It's a great movie but it really hits a little too close to home about now  Smiley

I'm a little skeptical myself of the accuracy of info coming out of certain countries.  Has anyone seen the map by Johns Hopkins University that shows the number of cases reported by region?  Tell me what you think. I tried to post the link but I don't think it's working.  Sorry about that!

I did pick up some Vitamin C while at the grocery store.  About 3 weeks ago, my MIL came down with the flu.  My husband was around her quite a bit and showed some minor symptoms of the flu.  It's my guess that he shared the flu bug with me.  My husband and MIL get the flu shot each year, but with me having MS I usually do not.  (The live virus vaccine is not safe for those with MS)  So the flu jumped on me like "white on rice".  After being given Tamiflu and spending 3 days in bed, I was finally able to go back to work.  My thoughts going forward are that I will start getting the flu shot and the Vitamin C certainly can't hurt!

One last observation...this virus has definitely made it clear that companies here in the US should be manufacturing their products right here at home.  Being the good, US-born-and-raised citizen/patriot that I am, I don't like relying on another country to provide us with the things that are needed in this type of situation.  Maybe this is a wake-up call for the US. 

Batch, please keep up the posts.  Between you, Rush, President Trump and VP Pence I know you're doing your best to keep us safe, informed and our hair from catching on fire.   Wink

Much love & PF wishes to all!

Payg

« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2020 at 3:56pm by Payg »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 5:29am

Hey Payg,

Thanks for the kind words.  The major cluster of COVID-19 infection in Washington state is in the greater Seattle area 20 mile due East of us.  Unfortunately, it appears the virus is spreading as expected.  The people hardest hit are in a community dwelling managed care facility in Kirkland where the outbreak spread for over two weeks before they imposed containment measures and CDC test kits arrived.

I have my entire family and close friends taking 3 grams/day of vitamin C.  One gram with breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The little ones are getting vitamin C gummies three times a day.  They're all taking at least 5000 IU/day of vitamin D3.

If you have family or friends living in a community dwelling managed care facility, I would take them some vitamin c and vitamin D3. 

You won't hear anything about vitamin C or vitamin D3 as a possible CoVid-19 viral infection preventative from the CDC or anywhere else in HHS for that matter.  That's going to be a problem for President Trump at some point.  Doctors in Wuhan tried to let us know what to do when they took delivery of 50 Tons of vitamin C last week... but that news went unnoticed by the national news media.

Take care and hang tough, we'll all get through this.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2020 at 5:30am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 11:28am

Hi Batch...hope you're doing well. I'm doing fine so far. Almost two months since your original post.

I'm interested in all things regarding the immune system, and so grateful for the anti-inflammatory regimen. I thought I would pass along an article about  Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai and his suggestions regarding an immune approach to the CoVid-19. You may have already heard of him. He has the President's ear, and the suggestions in this article overlap a lot of what we already know from our regimen. I'm not sure about the vitamin A suggestion for healthy people. It seems a bit large, at least for long term use, but he seems on the right track. Here's the link:

Stay well!
Patti

IP Logged

zasso
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2020 at 7:01am

Well I guess it's all about how good you immune system is. I know there a lot of people who can be a carrier of a virus but never to be sick with it.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #13 - Apr 3rd, 2020 at 3:02pm

Hey Batch,

Great to hear from you. 

Any thoughts on adding 15-30mg of Zinc to the regimen to further strengthen the immune system?

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 1:28am

I've already mentioned on here earlier, that 10mg of zinc and 1000mg of vitamin C a day, can boost your immune system against the coronavirus, but did you know that vitamin D plays a big part in your immune system, one large white top mushroom contains 100iu of vitamin D, but if you put it in the sun for 8hrs, that grows to ten's of thousands iu of vitamin D. Stay safe.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2020 at 1:42am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #15 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 2:18am

Hoppy wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 1:28am:
..but if you put it in the sun for 8hrs...

Hey, Hoppy.  Do you peel them first?  Also,  does cooking them afterwards spoil any of the good work you've done?

I've some loverly mushrooms I was going to have this evening but I'll put them outside in the morning instead and do something special come dinner time.

Thanks for the hint.

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #16 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 10:28am

Hoppy wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 1:28am:
one large white top mushroom contains 100iu of vitamin D, but if you put it in the sun for 8hrs, that grows to ten's of thousands iu of vitamin D. Stay safe.

Cheers Hoppy

Hoppy...thanks so much for this information--new to me!

Here's a link to more about this:

Take care,
Patti

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #17 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 2:25pm

To All,

I apologize for not keeping this thread updated more frequently.  I was chastised by a few CHers over at clusterbusters for scaring the crap out of them with some of my posts about the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 infection it causes, so throttled back on my posts as there was a more pressing matter at hand. 

The pressing matter that has consumed most of my time and had me running around the clock for the last month sending daily emails and posts trying to get Fox News and the White House web site to do what the President Trump's COVID-19 Task Force is not doing...  Telling VP Pence, President Trump and the public that in addition to the hand washing hygiene, social distancing and shelter in place put out by the CDC, that it is okay and strongly encouraged for people to voluntarily start taking 3 grams/day vitamin C (1g three times a day), at least 5000 IU/day vitamin D3 and 50 mg/day zinc to help prevent a COVID-19 infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

This is going to be a long post so grab a cup of coffee now then come back and try to absorb what comes next.

The good Dr. Anthony Fauci, and his side-kicks, CDC Director Redfield, HHS Secretary Azar are part of the problem. They represent Big Pharma's Medical Evidence Mafia and the good Dr. Fauci is the head Consigliere.  The other part of the problem is all the talking heads including the doctors that come on TV parrot Dr. Fauci and the CDC saying the same things.  The total absence of any mention of common sense nutritional medicine alternatives is stunning.

Even the Office of Dietary Supplements at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) says it is essential to take zinc as it helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses.  Yet nothing about this from Dr. Fauci or the CDC.

If you think I've slipped a cog or I'm having a senior moment, check out the bio for HHS Secretary Azar...  He served as a K Street lobbyist for Big Pharma and was also President and CEO of Eli Lilly American Division...  Hmmm... ya think there just might be a bias towards pharmaceutical interventions for the COVID-19 infection and a conflict of interest regarding nutritional medicine?

The only exception has been a couple segments with Dr. Oz where he let it slip, albeit sotto voce, that vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc help the immune system fight off viral infections.

The President's COVID-19 Task Force is apparently influenced by Big Pharma towards pharmaceutical solutions for the COVID-19 pandemic given the exclusion of alternatives as there has been a total absence of nutritional medicine including the use of vitamins and minerals capable of strengthening the immune system to help it fight off viral infections. 

Moreover, as vitamins and minerals can do this as well if not better than patented pharmaceuticals for less money and no adverse side effects, the Big Pharma will do anything to prevent this from being known by the public.  Remember the Big Pharma business case is built on the following:  There is no profit in dead or healthy people.

Dr. Fauci's adamant stance on testing for COVID-19 infection and total lack of alternative measures we could take at home while we wait 18 months for a vaccine is costing thousands of lives needlessly.  His stance is also denying President Trump with the game changer he desperately needs to stem the rate of COVID-19 infection.

There is absolutely no question that in a perfect world, Dr. Fauci is correct with his point of view.

The problem is this ain't a perfect world with the COVID-19 pandemic.  WE ARE AT WAR WITH A VIRUS THAT FOLLOWS ITS GENETIC CODE TO INFECT CELLS, MULTIPLY AND SPREAD TO OTHER HOSTS TO INFECT AGAIN... AND AGAIN! 

Doctors, nurses and first responders are dying from this infection.  Hospitals in NY are already at triage with doctors making life and death decision on who is most likely to survive and who is not, if placed on the limited number of ventilators. Yet word on the benefits of this simple regimen is not getting out to any them or the rest of us.

Vitamins and minerals do not require the medical evidence dogma of rigorous Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 RCTs for safety and efficacy like pharmaceuticals.  These vitamins have well known safety profiles and they've proven effective in reducing the rate of viral infections like colds, seasonal flu and even wild type corona virus.

Accordingly, it's only logical that this regimen of vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc has the potential for stopping the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 infection.  There's no risk or harms so nothing lost by telling the public about this vitamin and mineral regimen and everything to gain if this regimen prevents COVID-19 infection and saves lives.

As the COVID-19 Task Force is not telling VP Pence or President Trump about the very safe and effective use of zinc, vitamin D3 and vitamin C that could help prevent COVID-19 infection, I've launched a daily missive to every address I can find for Fox news and posted a message to President Trump daily at the White House website on this topic.  So far, there's been no evidence my efforts are working.

Here is where all of you at CH.com can help.  Go to the White House website at the following link and send a message to President Trump.

In the first window you'll see Message Type: Select "Contact the President, then fill in the rest of the blanks until you reach the window titled: What would you like to say?  Fill it with the following message or your own words with the same meaning:

------- Start Message ---------

"Dear President Trump, please tell the people of our great Nation that it is okay to voluntarily take 3 grams/day vitamin C, 5000 IU/day vitamin D3 and 50 mg/day zinc to help avoid a COVID-19 infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Your COVID-19 Task Force is not telling VP Pence or you about this safe and effective regimen and it is costing thousands of lives. Why? is another question.

We can take this vitamin and mineral regimen now without FDA approval or guidance by the CDC. It is readily available. This is the game changer you need to start the beginning of the end of the COVID-19 pandemic."
------- End Message ---------

Please send the above message daily. I've sent something like this message several times a week, but I'm sure the intern reading my messages hasn't a clue as to their importance.  However, if 50 to 100 messages come in daily with the same message, the odds go up, these messages will go up the pecking order until they find their way to the right people in the White House and hopefully to President Trump.

Now for the rest of this post.  For those of you coming late to this thread, please make sure you are taking at least 3 grams/day vitamin C split 1g three times a day, at least 5000 IU/day vitamin D3 and 50 mg/day zinc. I take upwards of 12 grams/day vitamin C and the 50 mg zinc on top of the 11 mg zinc in Kirkland Adult 50+ Mature Multi.

I also ordered a 1 Kg bag of powdered vitamin C and use it to refill a bottle of Fruit Fresh.  It's used to keep pears and peaches from turning brown when canning. It's also ascorbic acid (vitamin C).  It costs $5 and holds 141 grams of vitamin C so that works out to 3.5 cents/gram.  The 1Kg bag of powered vitamin C costs $31 so that works out to 3.1 cents/gram. A 1000 mg tablet of vitamin C at Costco sells for 8 cents.

I realize a Kg of vitamin C sounds like a lot, but it's less than a 3 month supply for a family of four.  That said if you put a dash in a glass of fruit juice, water (tastes great), screwdriver, bloody mary, virgin mary or margarita, it goes a lot faster. You'll find the Fruit Fresh at your local supermarket in the canning section at eye level above the Ball canning jars.

Rationale for taking this daily regimen:

This combination of vitamins and mineral is one of the most important things we can take to boost our immune systems and prepare them to fight off COVID-19 infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.  Vitamin C is a great antioxidant and it's also a potent antiviral that kills cold and flu virus on contact.  Accordingly, there is good reason to expect it will kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus as well. 

The following graphics tell the story better than any thing I could say

The vitamin C (ascorbic acid) serum concentration needs to be maintained as high as possible with frequent dosing throughout the day to provide this protection.  As vitamin C is water soluble, any excess not taken up by cells is dumped over the side in urine.

Zinc physically blocks the SARS-CoV-2 virus from gaining entry to cells lining the lung's alveoli by blocking the ACE 2 receptors on these cells.  Vitamin D3 does its thing strengthening our immune system cells and mediates the immune response that has been found to run overtime during COVID-19 infections causing massive buildups of T-Lymphocytes (Killer T-Cells) in the lungs that have been physically eating cells infected and killed by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

There are three videos well worth watching while hunkered down at home.  The first link takes you to a video called "Battlefield Cell" by Curiosity.  It's a fascinating visualization of what happens inside a cell infected by a virus, an enterovirus in this case.  This process is the same for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

The second link takes you to a wonderful video presentation by Dr. Linus Pauling titled "Preventing Illnesses and Diseases with Vitamin C." He was 92 at the time.

His theories and papers on high dose vitamin C had critics from Big Pharma and their acolytes coming out of the woodwork claiming he was a snake oil salesman for vitamin C.  When he died at age 93, he still had two more individual Nobel prizes than any of his critics and he had outlived most of them.

Linus Pauling won two individual Nobel Prizes. He won the first in Chemistry for his work involving the quantum mechanics of electrons, protons and neutron geometry as well as the nature of the chemical bond and its application to the elucidation of the structure of complex substances. (My degree was in Chemistry.). He won his second individual Nobel prize for Peace.  He helped stop above ground nuclear bomb testing.

This video will take you into the realm of orthomolecular substances, i.e., vitamins.  He explains they are not toxic at any dose and that substantially higher doses are needed to prevent and treat diseases than the RDA listed by the Institute of Medicine.  This should sound familiar for those of you taking the anti-inflammatory regimen.

The third link below will take you to a brutally frank home video presentation by a doctor explaining how the SARS-CoV-2 virus is transmitted/shed, how it enters the respiratory system, infects cells lining the lung's alveoli and the chain of events that follow.

What this doctor left out of his presentation are the rescue protocols needed as soon as a COVID-19 patient is hospitalized and before the infection progress along the following: COVID-19 infection => Pneumonia => Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) => Sepsis, Sepsis Shock and Cytokine Storm => Multiple Organ Failure (MOH) => Death.

The three rescue protocols are (1) Hydroxychloroquine + Zinc,  (2) IV Vitamin C (IVC) protocol and (3) Hydrocortisone, Ascorbic Acid and Thiamine (HAT) Metabolic Resuscitation protocol.  These three rescue protocols have greater efficacy if started as soon as there's lung involvement requiring hospitalization.  I would also opt for oral zinc and 50,000 IU/day vitamin D3 with any of them.

This video can be very disturbing, so when it's over, take a deep breath, let it out slowly and relax.  There are two things you need to remember at this point.  Pandemics always end and this one will be no different. 

The second thing to remember is our immune systems are far more powerful in protecting us from viral infections than any man made pharmaceutical or vaccine.  It's been doing this for thousands of years before modern medicine and vaccines or we wouldn't be here today.  Accordingly, as you're taking the vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc, your immune system is healthy and ready protect you from the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 infection.

As always, take care, keep me posted and hang in there.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2021 at 6:27pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 4:55pm

It is a damned shame that this site -- which has done so much good for so many CH sufferers -- has now become the personal blog for someone who spouts this kind of nonsense.  I encourage people to do their own research and check the "facts" that are presented here before you give these claims any credence at all.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #19 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 5:25pm

Traveller wrote on Apr 4th, 2020 at 4:55pm:
It is a damned shame that this site -- which has done so much good for so many CH sufferers -- has now become the personal blog for someone who spouts this kind of nonsense.  I encourage people to do their own research and check the "facts" that are presented here before you give these claims any credence at all. 

The same policies that allow Batch to post his theories and opinions here are the very ones that allow you to post yours. Just FYI.

Personally I like to gather different opinions and theories. I obtain news reports from many diverse sources. I've found that no one source for ANYTHING is ever 100% right.....or 100% wrong. Everyone has bias, even those that try not to. It's human nature.

Bottom line to me can be found in one of the quotes here in my profile: “We see what we believe, not the other way around." That applies to everyone....realize it or not.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2020 at 5:34pm by Racer1_NC »  

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #20 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 5:51pm

Traveller,

What IS damn shame that you didn’t provide some well reasoned alternative arguments, rather than just sniping.

Would you like to give it a try?

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #21 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 6:06pm

Batch,

Can't too much zinc lead to a copper deficiency?

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #22 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 6:41pm

As requested. 

1.  If you want the full, unvarnished version of the history of Linus Pauling, including his totally disproven claim that Vitamin C will “eradicate the common cold completely” and “cause a 75% decrease in cancer” read the following. 

2.      The Vitamin C myth addressed. 

3.      The Orthomolecular Hoax.

Of course, these will all be dismissed as attacks by “Big Pharma”—the same industry that saves millions and millions of lives each year, but is a favorite target of conspiracy theorists like the author of this thread.

This is potentially dangerous stuff.  Despite the moderators claim that it is just opinion, the author of this thread is advocating that people use disproven and unproven methods to protect themselves against the Corona virus, and then suggesting that they communicate this nonsense to the White House.  It has absolutely no place on a site that is devoted to helping CH sufferers.  It should be taken down.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #23 - Apr 4th, 2020 at 8:33pm

This site over the years has hosted more remedies, cures and suggestions than I could ever hope to remember.

We've had pepper-sprays, goji berries, melatonin, LSD and magic mushrooms, oxygen, religion, and the list goes on and on.

Some of these have been found wanting while others have gone on to become extremely effective therapies that are helping many.

It's up to everyone to look at all the information available and make their own decision about what's most suitable and just because I'm atheist doesn't mean for a moment I'd tell another CHead not to pray.

Take the best,  forget the rest.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #24 - Apr 5th, 2020 at 10:38pm

I just came across this video regarding vitamin D and respiratory infections.  It's done by a British doctor and nurse educator which means it's a little less likely he's related to Batch.

Nor does he knock Big Pharma or anyone else and I found it to be quite sensible and re-assuring.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!