Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Coronavirus PSA (Read 26608 times)
Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Coronavirus PSA
Reply #25 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 1:24am

This is kinda interesting. Living in Seattle where this virus established it’s first toe hold in the US I’ve found myself yelling at the TV for the past month or so. So many lost opportunities to be proactive have been lost and now we find ourselves have to be reactive to every changing situation. Why was the CDC was so slow to develop a test, why the CDC wouldn’t let the people running the Seattle Flu Study (they found the first case in Seattle with their own test) continue their testing. Why were they telling the public that face masks were ineffective at preventing an infection but now they’ve done an about face on that recommendation. That recommendation was based on supply rather than science. Why did they say it was not transmitted by aerosols (45 people out of 60 were sickened in a 2.5 hour choir practice where they purposely did not touch each other and spaced themselves out and said no one was coughing or sneezing....just maybe aerosols????). A friend of ours said today “we’re fighting two pandemics, one’s a virus the other is stupidity”.
    Where I’m going with this is just simple good old plain common sense. If the info coming at you doesn’t make sense don’t follow it. The president says something about chloroquine and the next day people are downing aquarium cleaner and dying. For God’s sake people use your head, it is the best tool you have.
    Wood smoke has a particulate size just slightly bigger the this virus and it floats in the air for a very long time just fine so common sense says wear a mask. Common sense says wear gloves, wash your hands, keep your distance. We were told only visibly sick people were spreaders, guess what? Wrong again. Common sense says anyone could be a carrier so any harm in erring on the side of caution?
   Vitamins. Anyone disagree that they’re essential to the performance of our bodily functions and shortages are detrimental to our health. I hope not. Most have been well studied to the point we have well established RDA’s. Some like
vitamin C move through our system very fast and are easily depleted. If my diet isn’t well balanced how do I know I’m ingesting enough?  Common sense suggests a multivitamin isn’t going to hurt you, taking extra vitamin C isn’t going to hurt you. Vitamin D is only made by exposure of bare skin to the sun. Up here where I live we tend to be a little short on that commodity so adding that to my diet only makes sense. I gotta tell ya, nothing in Batch’s post is going to hurt you and very likely will help if you’re lacking in those areas. The age category that my wife and I fall into along with the comorbidities we have put us at high risk and I can see absolutely no harm in taking a few extra vitamins. Common sense says that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. I’m good with a little insurance that my body has the tools to perform up to snuff.  😷😋.  Sean

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 5:11am

Sean, Good post.

While the jury is out about the value of face masks, there are a couple of points that need to be highlighted.

The wearer of a face mask will more than likely get little protection, as the virus can enter the Trachea via the eyes. So, far more valuable is...don't touch your face, mask or not.

However, the real value of the mask is protection of others from the wearer. As the incubation period is between 7-14 days, during which time you are contagious, if you wear a mask, you are reducing the spread to others, to a large degree.

The basic precautions still remain paramount...Distance, couch or sneeze into a tissue, wash hands thoroughly for a minimum of 20 seconds, stay home, if at all possible.

On the Vitamin side of things, it is not possible to overdose on Vit C, so whether it helps you immune system or not, it can’t hurt to take it.

The Vitamin D advice has slowly been seeping out into the mainstream for a few years now. A crisis like Covid 19 brings an impetus on scientists to look for protections and cures with increased urgency.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Stay safe and well,

Peter.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2020 at 5:29am by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:21pm

Thanks Peter, All true and the eyes are one area that’s difficult to protect unfortunately as goggles can’t be homemade very well. I like to compare us to machines sometimes, a well oiled, tuned up and well maintained engine runs better. We both consume oxygen to oxidize fuel, we’re like little furnaces forcing an average of 8 liters/minute of air through our lungs. We filter the intake of both furnaces and engines. Filtering the air we breathe just makes sense. The one place we really don’t want that virus is deep into our lungs where it can go to work immediately.
  😊 Sean

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #28 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:39pm

To All,

Sorry to be so slow.  I spent the last 36 hours trying to get my email send function back online and have yet to achieve success. I can receive emails but not send.  Attempts to reset futile. Nobody home at AOL due to the lock-down and I suspect I've had malicious intrusion in my account at the host.  On top of that, the bird dogs on my router firewall and Macbook Pro have also alerted a few times over the last week so don't be surprised if I drop off the net completely.

Everything I've read over the last two months leads me to conclude susceptibility to COVID-19 infection is no different than cluster and migraine headache.  It's due to deficiencies in vitamin D3 and very likely zinc and vitamin C.

On to the latest.  The following list of supplements represent the best available information I can find on nutritional preventatives we can take on top of the items put out by the CDC to prepare us for exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus.  This list of supplements comes from Dr. Ron Hunninghake, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Riordan Clinic, Wichita, Kansas.  He suggests taking them as an immune-boosting strategy to his staff and patients in the Riordan Clinic system.  See. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

1.  Vitamin C: 1,000-2,000 mg, 3-4 times a day (to bowel tolerance)
2.  Vitamin D3/K2: 1,000 IU, twice daily
3.  Vitamin A: 10,000 IU, per day
4.  Zinc Picolinate: 30 mg, twice daily with food
5.  Selenium: 200 mcg, 1-2x daily with food

(Note: please implement BEFORE getting ill if possible.)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

For CHers presently taking the anti-inflammatory regimen shown above, all you really need to do is double the Kirkland Adult 50+ Mature Multi by taking one tablet in the morning with breakfast and the second with the evening meal and you've got everything in the above list covered with the exception of the vitamin C. 

I ordered a 1 Kg bag of powdered vitamin C from amazon in early February and use it to refill the Fruit Fresh shaker I keep on the kitchen counter.   For a family of four, a 1 Kg bag of powdered vitamin C is a little less than a 3-month supply at 3 grams/day per person.

I put a dash (1/4 teaspoon = 1 gram) of vitamin C in juice or water at least 3 times a day. (Be sure to stir it for a while as it is slow dissolving).  For happy hour, I add it to a screwdriver, bloody marry or margarita and my favorite, a Tequila Sunrise.  Joyce does an Emerald Lagassie "Bam!" or two on fruit cocktail or fresh fruit. 

One of the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU water soluble vitamin D3 capsules a week gives you 7100 IU/day vitamin D3 so you're in great shape on that count.  It's still a good idea to pick up some 30 mg or 50 mg zinc tablets.  Zinc picolinate has the highest bioavailability.  However, its availability on amazon is starting to run low so I wouldn't delay in placing some on order.  If it's out of stock, zinc gluconate is also acceptable.

Understanding the rationale for zinc is important.  It interrupts the SARS-CoV-2 virus spike that gains access to cells lining the lung's alveoli at the Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 2 (ACE-2) receptor on the cell walls.  (You can google "ACE-2" for some great graphic details on the SARS-CoV-2 virus infection process).  If the virus does gain access to the cell nuclei, zinc enters infected cells to stop the virus RNA from replicating.

I would also add Resveratrol or better yet the Resveratrol analog, Pterostilbene as it has a significantly higher (4 X) bioavailability.  Like zinc, Pterostilbene inhibits the replication of SARS-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) by inhibiting the RNA-synthesizing activity of SARS-CoV polymerases.  I ordered some from amazon yesterday.

Our immune system is the only weapon we have in preventing and treating viral infections effectively. It's been protecting us from viral infections for thousands of years before the advent of modern medicine and vaccines or we wouldn't be here. 

Keeping our immune systems healthy with proper nutrients is key.  Antiviral interventions like acyclovir are largely ineffective as they only slow the rate of infection. Vaccines are also relatively ineffective in preventing viral infections.  They also insult the immune system making us more likely to be vulnerable to other pathogens.

Most of us have watched enough of the daily COVID-19 pressers to hear about hydroxychloroquine.  I have a degree in Chemistry and spent the better part of two years studying organic chemistry so I'll decipher this drug for you.  For starters, hydroxychloroquine is basically a man made analog of naturally occurring quinine (used to treat malaria) with a hydroxyl [OH] group added on one end of the quinine molecule, a chlorine atom on the other end and a rearrangement of a Quinine ring.

A very sharp molecular virologist analyzed the hydroxychloroquine mechanism of action in treating COVID-19 infections and found this drug releases available zinc from a binding protein.  Accordingly, taking zinc is likely a reasonable alternative if hydroxychloroquine is not available. (I'll take it anyway along with 50,000 IU/week vitamin D3, vitamin C, zinc and Pterostilbene).  There are likely going to be shortages of this drug until production ramps up.

The mechanism of action for vitamin C in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 infection is relatively straight forward.  Vitamin C is a potent antiviral so it destroys the SARS-CoV-2 virus on contact.  Vitamin C not used by cells in the body gets filtered by the kidneys and pumped over the side in urine.  It has a biological half-life of roughly 30 minutes, so we need to dose frequently during the day to maintain its serum concentration as high as possible.

The rationale for taking vitamin D3 is also straight forward.  It mediates (controls) immune cell activity through genetic expression.  Genetic expression is the same basic mechanism of action that helps vitamin D3 prevent CH and MH.  Researches have found there's a huge rush of immune system killer cells and T-killer cells to the lungs during a COVID-19 infection.  The killer cells literally eat and digest the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the T-killer cells eat the infected lung cells.

This process creates a lot of cellular waste build up in the alveoli making breathing even more difficult.  When this happens the inevitable pneumonia caused by a COVID-19 infection that has already made breathing difficult, progresses to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS).  At that point patients expend so much energy trying to breath, they tire out and slow breathing and this causes blood oxygen content to drop.  This is the point when patients are placed on a ventilator, essentially to breathe for them.

Available clinical data from two gold standard RCTs indicate these two rescue protocols are safe, effective and the needed formulations are readily available.  The first is IV Vitamin C (IVC) and the second is the IV combination of Hydrocortisone, Ascorbic Acid and Thiamine (HAT) Metabolic Resuscitation protocol.  Both of these protocols have the greatest efficacy if started as soon as the COVID-19 patient is hospitalized.  They have also shown efficacy over placebo after the patient has been intubated and placed on a respirator as illustrated in the following graphic from the IVC RCT.  You need to ask the CDC why they refuse to recommend this treatment protocol.

There are more than a few experts in nutritional medicine who opine survivability of these two rescue protocols could be further improved with oral vitamin D3 and zinc upon hospitalization along with continued oral vitamin C following the IVC.

God forbid any of us come down with COVID-19, so I'll tell you what I intend to do should this happen.  As soon as there's any indication of an infection, I'll call my PCP and immediately start loading vitamin D3 at 50,000 IU/day, double the vitamin C and Pterostilbene.  As soon as it appears the infection is causing difficulty breathing, I'm headed for the ER.

Upon hospital admission I will voice my preference for either of the IVC or HAT rescue protocols.  It's important to have this preference entered on the admission documentation as no members of the family will be allowed in the ER or ICU.  Moreover, should the COVID-19 infection progresses to the point where a respirator is required, they'll shove a tube down your trachea and you will not be able to talk. 

So much for a worse case event.  I'm confident, the above preventative protocol should reduce the probability of infection and should it occur, it should be relatively mild.

I ventured out Monday to pick up some fresh veggies and staples and was pleased to see Costco had 15 full pallets stacked with Charmin TP, but no paper towels or tissues.  Our local Safeway shelves for paper products were still completely bare with the exception of a few boxes of tissues that were marked one to a customer.  Safeway was out of vitamin C and zinc, but there was still vitamin D3 on the shelves.

In summary, we are at war with the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the COVID-19 infection it causes.  SARS-CoV-2 is a novel (first time seen) virus that does not behave like wild-type coronavirus.  Data from case studies indicate this virus was likely engineered as a chimeric, weaponized virus possibly at the BSL-4 facility in Wuhan, China with gain of function.  The gain of function appears to include a higher rate of infection than wild-type coronavirus and the capacity to encapsulate to avoid detection with RT-PCR tests and reemerge 5 to 8 days after recovery (as indicated by normal chest X-Ray and negative RT-PCR test), shedding virus once again.  This may answer the apparent second wave function seen in other countries.  Senator Cotton thinks the same way.

We are at war with a strand of RNA guided by a genetic code to invade host lung cells, replicate, kill the cell and spread to other cells then move on to other hosts again and again.

There are no Rx medication approved by the FDA for use in treating this specific virus as it wasn't sequenced until 10 Jan 2020 and wasn't ID'd with a name by the WHO until 12 Jan 2020.  The HHS, CDC and FDA are regulatory organizations.  Nowhere in their respective mission statements does it say suggest alternate treatment modalities for diseases like COVID-19 if no FDA approved treatments are available.  The CDC did know from a 2010 research paper, the combination of  zinc plus a zinc transport molecule (ionophore) that facilitates zinc’s entry into cells efficiently impairing the replication of RNA viruses, like the SARS-CoV coronavirus. However the CDC fails to acknowledge papers like this because they don't meet the strict rules of medical evidence developed by the medical evidence mafia, Big Pharma's enforcement arm.

Accordingly, the CDC and FDA appear to be content to let Americans die from COVID-19 while issuing passive mitigation guidance for hand hygiene, social separation, lock-down and confusing mask requirements while they wait for the much heralded COVID-19 vaccine 17 months from now.  You need to ask Why?

On the vaccine topic, the CDC's own data on vaccine efficacy for influenza indicates an NNV of 71 for the average flu vaccine.  (NNV = Number needed to vaccinate to prevent one case of the flu).  This means that 70 of the 71 vaccinated with the flu vaccine have no protection for infection by flu virus.  See: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This begs the pregnant question, what is an acceptable NNV for the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine we'll see in 17 months after the needless loss of lives from COVID-19?

With the exception of my intended actions should the fit hits the shan, everything in this post has published references.  I'm just the messenger. 

My motivation in starting this thread is simple.  I joined CH.com on a mission to provide information on safe and effective nutritional measures we can take to prevent cluster and migraine headache.  That information has always been coupled with the caveat to see your PCP/GP should you decide to put this information into action. In late January of this year, that mission changed.  Now my information outreach is focused on nutritional measures we can take to save lives.

Accordingly, If any of you find this PSA thread and my posts so inappropriate for this venue you're moved to protest, live with it or don't read this thread.  If you do decide to post in protest, please tell us why trying to save lives, particularly, the lives of fellow CHers and dear friends, is not on your list of "Things To Do".  I would just as soon have you here pitching hissies a month from now when this pandemic drops to a dull roar than not.

Take care,
V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:24pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #29 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:55pm

Batch,

Thank you. 

May you and all your loved ones stay safe and well.

Peter.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2020 at 4:16am by Peter510 »  

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #30 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 5:06pm

Thank you Batch! Stay well.

Patti

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #31 - Apr 10th, 2020 at 3:11am

Interesting video.  I'm hearing a lot of what I've been saying for years...  You decide.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Nicolás
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Santiago, Chile / Seattle, USA
Reply #32 - Apr 11th, 2020 at 8:21pm

Dear Batch,

I appreciate your work on O2 therapy and Vitamin D3. But that appreciation cannot deter me from disregarding with you about some false facts you've said in this post.

I'll just cover some of them in this reply, quoting your corresponding paragraphs:

Batch wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:39pm:
To All,

Sorry to be so slow.  I spent the last 36 hours trying to get my email send function back online and have yet to achieve success. I can receive emails but not send.  Attempts to reset futile. Nobody home at AOL due to the lock-down and I suspect I've had malicious intrusion in my account at the host.  On top of that, the bird dogs on my router firewall and Macbook Pro have also alerted a few times over the last week so don't be surprised if I drop off the net completely.

I'm sincerely very worried about the somewhat paranoid comments you said in your first paragraph. "A malicious intrusion in my account at the host" is clearly an exaggeration.

Everything I've read over the last two months leads me to conclude susceptibility to COVID-19 infection is no different than cluster and migraine headache.  It's due to deficiencies in vitamin D3 and very likely zinc and vitamin C.

There's no reference nor support for such an important asseveration.

Understanding the rationale for zinc is important.  It interrupts the SARS-CoV-2 virus spike that gains access to cells lining the lung's alveoli at the Angiotensin Converting Enzyme 2 (ACE-2) receptor on the cell walls.  (You can google "ACE-2" for some great graphic details on the SARS-CoV-2 virus infection process).  If the virus does gain access to the cell nuclei, zinc enters infected cells to stop the virus RNA from replicating.

Come on!!! Zinc alone will interrupt the virus spike accessing our cells?? That simple??

Another thing: the virus never gains access to the cell nuclei. It doesn't need to. It just enters the cytoplasm and makes ribosomes work for it since when they get access to mRNA (the payload the virus injects into the host cell), ribosomes tend to replicate it right away.

Look for at wikipedia: Viral replication

Our immune system is the only weapon we have in preventing and treating viral infections effectively. It's been protecting us from viral infections for thousands of years before the advent of modern medicine and vaccines or we wouldn't be here. 

The latter cannot be uttered seriously by anyone.

Our immune system didn't protect us well enough in the past. Your are forgetting all the past pandemics. Some of them
killed millions of people. And don't forget measles. And don't forget smallpox, that was eradicated thanks to the vaccine made from human science. The list is too long for this post.

You're forgetting the high rate of infants death before vaccines and before medicines were invented and produced in the last decades.

Look at the rate the human population has increased in the past centuries. It's because of vaccines and medicines. Before them, our immune systems only protected us from some infections, in a not always safe way.

Keeping our immune systems healthy with proper nutrients is key.  Antiviral interventions like acyclovir are largely ineffective as they only slow the rate of infection. Vaccines are also relatively ineffective in preventing viral infections.  They also insult the immune system making us more likely to be vulnerable to other pathogens.

Please Batch. For the people like me, that respects you a lot, don't say again that "Vaccines are also relatively ineffective in preventing viral infections".

That's like saying the earth is flat. One simple fact: why smallpox is a nightmare from the past for Homo Sapiens?

Most of us have watched enough of the daily COVID-19 pressers to hear about hydroxychloroquine.  I have a degree in Chemistry and spent the better part of two years studying organic chemistry so I'll decipher this drug for you.  For starters, hydroxychloroquine is basically a man made analog of naturally occurring quinine (used to treat malaria) with a hydroxyl [OH] group added on one end of the quinine molecule, a chlorine atom on the other end and a rearrangement of a Quinine ring.

A very sharp molecular virologist analyzed the hydroxychloroquine mechanism of action in treating COVID-19 infections and found this drug releases available zinc from a binding protein.  Accordingly, taking zinc is likely a reasonable alternative if hydroxychloroquine is not available. (I'll take it anyway along with 50,000 IU/week vitamin D3, vitamin C, zinc and Pterostilbene).  There are likely going to be shortages of this drug until production ramps up.

We need many more scientific studies and research to be pretty sure that hydroxychloroquine works well. Don't forget that at least one man died because he and his wife took it without medical advice.

Look for nbcnews: "man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166"

Advising the intake of hydroxychloroquine in this post, without saying its toxicity threshold, could lead to the death of any of our fellow CHs.

The mechanism of action for vitamin C in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 infection is relatively straight forward.  Vitamin C is a potent antiviral so it destroys the SARS-CoV-2 virus on contact.  Vitamin C not used by cells in the body gets filtered by the kidneys and pumped over the side in urine.  It has a biological half-life of roughly 30 minutes, so we need to dose frequently during the day to maintain its serum concentration as high as possible.

It is not that simple, that "Vitamin C is a potent antiviral so it destroys the SARS-CoV-2 virus on contact".

No, things are not that simple. I'm so sorry.

In summary, we are at war with the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the COVID-19 infection it causes.  SARS-CoV-2 is a novel (first time seen) virus that does not behave like wild-type coronavirus.  Data from case studies indicate this virus was likely engineered as a chimeric, weaponized virus possibly at the BSL-4 facility in Wuhan, China with gain of function.  The gain of function appears to include a higher rate of infection than wild-type coronavirus and the capacity to encapsulate to avoid detection with RT-PCR tests and reemerge 5 to 8 days after recovery (as indicated by normal chest X-Ray and negative RT-PCR test), shedding virus once again.  This may answer the apparent second wave function seen in other countries.  Senator Cotton thinks the same way.

Conspiranoid theories like this one are terrible.

The same thing (in reverse direction) are saying some Chinese...

This virus is just the expected mutation of coronavirus that many scientist feared. It was a matter of time. It is not an engineered virus. Just a new mutation of a family of coronaviruses known to man since many decades.

Don't forget that Chinese scientist were those who first decoded the viral RNA and published it to the whole world.

An interesting site worth visiting, to see how this virus is still mutating around the world:

Look for nextstrain dot org

Accordingly, the CDC and FDA appear to be content to let Americans die from COVID-19 while issuing passive mitigation guidance for hand hygiene, social separation, lock-down and confusing mask requirements while they wait for the much heralded COVID-19 vaccine 17 months from now.  You need to ask Why?

Take care,
V/R, Batch

The terrible fact, is that more than a hundred thousand of US people will die because of the slow response from their federal government, that was more worried about the economy and wall street and less worried about human lives.

Don't forget that that government was saying that this was not different from common cold, or just another flu.

Only a few weeks ago social distancing was parodied as an exaggeration.

It's not coincidence that the hardest hit country in the world by this virus, is commanded by people that didn't hear WHO warnings, that emerged since January.

And the list goes on and on...

And don't forget that a vaccine will not defeat this virus. It will only give us immunity from it for the future. What will really
defeat this virus is the hypothetical treatment that human science is yet to find. Some prospects are promising, and could be working as early as September this year. It's a work in progress.

Before that treatment, we have to take care of ourselves and the people around us. Staying at home when possible.

Please, take care all of you. Whichever mechanisms you decide to take, do it seriously, and accepting the consequences.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #33 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 10:46am

The part of you statement in bold text is incorrect.
Quote:
We need many more scientific studies and research to be pretty sure that hydroxychloroquine works well. Don't forget that at least one man died because he and his wife took it without medical advice.

Look for nbcnews: "man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166"

From the article you referenced:
Quote:
An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man's wife also ingested the substance and is under critical care.
The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.

This person died because he ingested a product intended for fish, not the malaria drug that has been touted as a treatment for the virus.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Nicolás
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Santiago, Chile / Seattle, USA
Reply #34 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 1:31pm

Racer1_NC:

Indeed, you're right. That statement was incorrect. The man didn't take the same substance.

But the warning remains the same: avoid self medication without medical advise. And unless we're in the worst stage of this virus and without any other treatment possible, we must wait until more studies are developed, with more cases, and with the right control groups.

IP Logged

johstrong
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dallas, Texas
Reply #35 - Apr 14th, 2020 at 12:39pm

Hey hey!! It’s been a long time. Shouldn’t have left you, without a dope line to step to😉. I have added Selenium, Milk Thistle, and Turmeric to the regimen, as well as the Keto diet (since Sept. 2018). The anti-inflammatory regimen helps with building a bulletproof immune system, so I have not followed any propaganda this news is pushing dealing with Covid-19. Stay healthy, my friends!!!

You never know your abilities until you have no other choice to use them 💪

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #36 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 8:27am

Johnstrong - How can you build a "bullet proof immune system" against the corona virus if you have do not have antibodies against the virus?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #37 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 10:06am

Hey Traveller,

Great question.  The following immune-boosting strategy gained by taking the following nutritional medicine regimen suggested by Dr. Ron Hunninghake MD, Chief Medical Officer, Riordan Clinic, Wichita, Kansas to his staff and patients in the Riordan Clinic system helps boost the innate part of our immune system.  This is our first line of defense against the SARS-CoV-2 virus when we have no antibodies for this virus.

• Vitamin C: 1,000-2,000 mg, 3-4 times a day (to bowel tolerance)
  • Vitamin D3/K2: 5,000 IU, twice daily
  • Vitamin A: 10,000 IU, per day
  • Zinc Picolinate: 30 mg, twice daily with food
  • Selenium: 200 mcg, 1-2x daily with food
(Note: please implement BEFORE getting ill if possible.)

The following video explains how the SARS-CoV-2 virus enters cells lining lung alveoli to cause COVID-19 and how vitamin D3 helps prevent this from happening.

Vitamin C is a potent antiviral that destroys virus on contact.  This is why it's important to maintain the highest vitamin C serum concentration possible by frequent dosing throughout the day.

Zinc helps boost the adaptive part of our immune system by boosting production of memory T-Cells in the thymus.  These cells develop the antibodies that have IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) that physically cling to target virus enabling them to be physically eaten by Killer T-Cells.  These memory T-cells encode the recipe for these specific antibodies into their DNA so that when they replicate, their offspring carry forward this recipe providing us life long immunity to that specific virus.

Zinc also works with vitamin D3 to help prevent SARS-CoV-2 virus from entering the ACE-2 receptor on cells lining our lung alveoli and when zinc enters these cells, it prevents this virus from replicating.

Watching the following video titled "Battlefield Cell" by Curiosity will provide a fascinating look into the battle taking place daily within the cells lining our respiratory tract and lining the lung's alveoli.  In this video the attacking virus is called the enterovirus responsible for colds and flu in some people but the processes you'll see are much the same for attacks by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2020 at 10:08am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #38 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 10:31am

In fact, there is no scientific evidence that any supplement—vitamin C, vitamin D, prebiotics, or probiotics—can help prevent or speed recovery from COVID-19, according to Harvard. The Centers for Disease Control goes on to state this: "There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for COVID-19."  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

So a small and obscure Kansas clinic --"a nutrition-based health facility" -- outweighs the overwhelming analysis and recommendations of medical experts at Harvard and the CDC.  The sources you cite are all part of the fringe "orthomolecular" movement, and should be taken as such. There is no sound, accepted, or proven evidence for these claims, which give people a false sense of security.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #39 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 10:43am

Hey Nicolás,

I appreciate and applaud your right to a healthy debate on the content of posts made on this website.  However, in the case where you openly discount my descriptions of vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc as false, there are more than ample examples my comments are valid.  I've taken them from open source medical literature, the molecular biology of these vitamins and minerals and from RCTs.

Accordingly, when attempting to obviate, dismiss and otherwise discount the content of my posts in this thread as untrue or false, please have the courtesy of providing readers with the "Evidence" my comments are incorrect.  I'll be more than happy to do the same.

In addition, if you're attacking the validity of nutritional medicine as being somehow less effective than pharmaceuticals, then I suggest we have a healthy debate in another thread.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #40 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 12:24pm

Hey Traveller,

The following link will take you to nine (9) gold standard RCTs (randomized, placebo controlled and blinded) listed in ClinicalTrials.gov as proof with real medical evidence that vitamin C is effective in treating the Sepsis that occurs as a result of COVID-19 infection.

&age_v=&gndr=&intr=Vitamin+C+OR+%28Ascorbic+AND+Acid%29&titles=&outc=&spons=&lea
d=&id=&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=&locn=&rsub=&strd_s=&strd_e=&prcd_s=&prcd_e=&sfp
d_s=&sfpd_e=&rfpd_s=&rfpd_e=&lupd_s=&lupd_e=&sort=

Note: you'll need to copy the entire link and paste it in your browser to retrieve the cited RCTs

You'll find further evidence of safety and efficacy of Vitamin D3 and zinc in treating Sepsis at the following ClinicalTrials links:

tr=Vitamin+D3+OR+Cholecalciferol&draw=2&rank=1

tr=Zinc&draw=2&rank=1

The following link will take you to a list of completed studies registered in ClinicaTrials.gov dealing with the use of vitamin D3 to boost immune functions.

lt=&recrs=e&age_v=&gndr=&intr=Vitamin+D3+OR+Cholecalciferol&titles=&outc=&spons=
&lead=&id=&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=&locn=&rsub=&strd_s=&strd_e=&prcd_s=&prcd_e=
&sfpd_s=&sfpd_e=&rfpd_s=&rfpd_e=&lupd_s=&lupd_e=&sort=

Yes, I can hear your retort now. You'll claim none of these RCTs were targeted against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 infection it causes.  While that is true as the SARS-CoV-2 virus wasn't identified until early January 2020 and not sequenced until a few days later, there are no such studies completed at this point.  There are however, a long list of RCTs registered in ClinicalTrials.gov targeted specifically at the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 infection.

That said, Sepsis as a result of any infection be it COVID-19 or seasonal flu is still Sepsis.  That fact cannot be disputed.

Dr. Paul Marik's IV of Hydrocortisone, Ascorbic Acid and Thiamine (HAT) metabolic resuscitation protocol has saved hundreds of lives of people with severe sepsis/septic shock.  He has an amazing video at the following link about the HAT protocol.  Watch Dr. Marik's face when he asks "What Happened?"

The next link gives ICU nurses; perspective of the safety and efficacy of the HAT protocol.

The goal of this thread is to provide information like this to readers in the hopes of helping save lives.  If you wish to contest these posts, please tell readers why you don't support this same goal.

Moreover, please provide the medical evidence in the form of peer reviewed RCTs that the use of nutritional medicine is unsafe and ineffective.  Two can play the medical evidence game.  In the history of the FDA's Adverse Events Reporting System, in operation since 1991, there has yet to be any deaths directly attributed vitamin C or vitamin D3.  That cannot be said for NSAIDs  (aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofen, etc ), monoclonal antibodies like Humira (adalimumab) and the Statins.

Again, as I have offered Nicolás, please let us take discussions and debate on the merits of nutritional medicine to another post. The links you provided are classic examples of the medical evidence mafia at work trying to preserve Big Pharma's bottom line profits by dissuading people from taking vitamins and minerals as a valid hedge against infection as being unsafe and ineffective.

Finally, before you make a another dissenting post in this this thread, do yourself and readers a favor by perusing through the following vitaminDwiki.com link of 88 health problems either prevented or successfully treated with vitamin D3. Nearly all have gold standard RCTs as medical evidence as proof of safety and efficacy.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2020 at 12:40pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #41 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 1:22pm

None of the links posted support your claim that Vitamin C kills the Corona virus on contact.  They do support claims that Vitamin C and others are useful in treating the symptoms of C-19; I have never disputed that.

The reason I contest these posts is that they are laden with unproven claims, and can offer people a false sense of security.  I am sure you sincerely believe that you are helping to save lives, but the reality is that you are spreading misleading and unproven assertions that could ultimately prove harmful if people accept them at face value. 

You are an adherent to “nutritional medicine.”  Nothing wrong with that.  But like others long before you, you make unfounded claims about the efficacy of the system(s) you support. 

I am done contesting.  Hopefully a few of us have raised enough legitimate questions about what you propose to lead people to do their own research and to follow the guidance of legitimate medical professionals.

IP Logged

Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #42 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:55pm

The ability to communicate ones thoughts and intentions clearly with no misinterpretations can be a difficult task, living with the same woman for four plus decades has taught me as much.😆🤣.  I was once asked what I preferred for dinner, rib steak or tacos, I chose steak and a week or so later I overheard her tell a friend that I didn’t like tacos.....say what? I said no such thing! Racer nails it when he says “we see what we believe!”
    So to be sure, I went back and reread this entire thread and not once do I find a reference that a vitamin therapy will prevent or cure Covid 19. I do find multiple references that a vitamin regime may help one’s immune system to accomplish it’s purpose.  To date the only advice the established medical community has offered is how to avoid exposure, some of that advice is wise and follows common sense, other advice has been misleading and some of it just plain wrong. But I haven’t heard any advice from that same community about keeping and staying healthy so that in the event we do become exposed to the virus we stand a fighting chance of surviving the infection.
     The medical community is learning how to deal with the virus as they go, previously established protocols are now failing and new ones are being learned...for example 80% of patients being intubated are dying, a simple oxygen therapy is proving to much more effective. This is just to say the established medical community isn’t always right and common sense should prevail when deciding what we as individuals can do to increase our odds of survival.
    If one does becomes infected the first line of defense is your immune system so let’s keep that bugger healthy. This thread is about line of thought, nothing more, nothing less. If people are inferring more than that I really don’t where it’s coming from.    Sean

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #43 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 6:20pm

Hey Traveller,

Thank you for the clarification.  In other words, you're concerned about proof of the actual mechanism of action by which ascorbic acid stops virus.  By that I take it you have no problem with people taking vitamin C to help prevent colds and flu.  If this is the case, it would appear logical and reasonable that people could take vitamin C to help prevent COVID-19.  Don't you agree?

You were correct in voicing your concern about the validity of my assertion that vitamin C takes out virus on contact.  You're right.  I didn't provide the required proof for that assertion.  If this is what all your quibbling is about, perhaps the following graphic will satisfy your concerns.

○, HSV-1; ▵, influenza virus; □, poliovirus.

It comes from a peer reviewed article titled Antiviral effects of dehydroascorbic acid in the journal of Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, Published online 2010 Aug 26. doi: 10.3892/etm.2010.139.

"These results clearly show that dehydroascorbic acid (ascorbic acid hydrolyzes in aqueous solutions) inhibits the multiplication of viruses of widely different structures (regardless of whether they are enveloped or non-enveloped, double-stranded DNA- or single-stranded RNA-genome) and also that it inhibits virus multiplication whether the replication and transcription of the viral genome occur in the nucleus or in the cytoplasm of the infected cells." 

If my response above still isn't sufficient proof of safety and effectiveness of vitamin C in preventing and treating viral infections, please see the following link.  It will take you to a selection of articles and research from the medical literature that are educational and helpful in considering the use of Vitamin C.

I hope this answers the mail.

Take care

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2020 at 6:32pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #44 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 6:39pm

I'm all in favour of honest and spirited discussion on matters such as these, as is happening here, and it's also a timely reminder that people really should look at all angles to allow them to make a properly informed decision.

Should be more of it.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #45 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 8:49pm

I think it is also fair to say, that you can’t believe everything you read on the internet. I was also told by a statistics professor that you can take a set of data and manipulate it to further your viewpoint.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #46 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 9:14pm

Brian,

As usual, you're the voice of reason.  Accordingly, in order to lighten things up a bit in this thread, I came across several examples of DIY face masks intended to prevent the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. 

I know... another tasteless blond joke.  However, I married a blond and she thought the above photo was very funny.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2020 at 9:15pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #47 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 9:32pm

True story,  Batch.  I coughed on my laptop last night and it immediately started running an anti-virus scan.

Scarey stuff!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #48 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 8:58am

Brian,

Thanks mate, I needed that touch of humor this morning to start the day on a happy note.  Have a bonzer day.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #49 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 9:28am

Another benefit of taking zinc.

Edited to add: From my own observation, I've found another benefit from taking 50 mg/day zinc.  Vision in my one good eye improves significantly.  I still need cheaters for close work as the plastic lens they put in during Cadillac surgery is set for 20/20 at 20 feet.  Even then I still need to bump the font size so I can proof my posts without zooming in and out all the time. Shocked

Of course zinc hasn't been through a gold standard RCT as a treatment or prevent against the SARS-CoV-2 virus and COVID-19 infection... but then nothing (no pharmaceutical, vitamin or mineral) has passed this milestone at this point 

That said, there's no issue with the safety of zinc or that of vitamin C, vitamin D3 and the rest of the vitamins and minerals people take.  All are classified as "GRAS."

GRAS is an acronym for the phrase Generally Recognized As Safe, Under sections 201(s) and 409 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) and Title 21 → Chapter I → Subchapter B → Part 182—SUBSTANCES GENERALLY RECOGNIZED AS SAFE, U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).

Where things get itchy and sticky from a legal perspective, involves claims of health benefits.  This is where Big Pharma and their medical evidence mafia lobbyists on K street have written laws for Congress to prohibit such claims unless proven valid by a very complex set of rules laid out in the FDAs Guidance for Industry: Evidence-Based Review System for the Scientific Evaluation of Health Claims. 

This guidance outlines the FDA's approach to the review of the scientific evidence for health claims that meet the significant scientific agreement standard (SSA) and qualified health claims.  This is a multi-million dollar multi-year process that requires at least two prospective gold standard RCTs (randomized, placebo controlled, and blinded to avoid bias) that still faces final adjudication by a select board at the FDA, likely loaded with medical evidence mafia. 

If you think I'm kidding, this is exactly the process used to deny CHers on Medicare coverage for oxygen therapy as an abortive treatment for CH.

Bottom line, we are not prohibited from taking vitamins and minerals, we just can't claim they have health benefits in terms of efficacy preventing or treating any specific disease. 

Accordingly, talk to your PCP/GP about taking vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc, then you decide...

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2020 at 4:58am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!