Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Coronavirus PSA (Read 26844 times)
Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: Coronavirus PSA
Reply #50 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 10:57am

Dear Nicolás,

Not to pick an old scab, but your comments about the SARS-CoV-2 virus being a natural mutation appear to have been overtaken by events.  The evidence I collected indicated the SARS-CoV-2 virus was a weaponized chimeric likely developed in the BSL-4 lab in Wuhan, China appears to be approaching validity. 

If you didn't catch the news yesterday morning, Sec State Mike Pompeo has gone well beyond the theoretical in this "conspiracy theory" and is now in agreement with Senator Tom Cotton and calling for China to fess up about the involvement of the BSL4 lab in Wuhan, China with the origin of SARS-CoV-2 virus. 

This brings up another interesting factoid that the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the NIH, under the previous administration, funded (contract number R01AI110964) the Biosafety Level-4 (BSL-4) lab in Wuhan, China to the tune of $3.7 million.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

NIAID just so happens to be run by none other than Dr. Anthony Fauci, MD, Director, NIAID.  Dr. Fauci would have known about this as it's likely he was briefed on and approved NIAID funding of external organizations like this. It would be interesting to hear his rational for that funding.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #51 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 11:24am

Batch, I noticed mainstream media is discussing a link between a vitamin D deficiency and one’s susceptibility to the virus particularly in dark skinned people. Muy interesting.  Sean

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #52 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 7:36pm

Sean,

Correctamundo!  Muy interesting and spot on.  Unfortunately it's still sotto voce at this point, but at least it's out there and in the mainstream media.  Let's hope this fact gains greater attention.  Thanks for the tip.

I did some checking this morning and found the following related information.  The first chart comes from the Brookings Institution.   It's a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to conduct in-depth research that leads to new ideas for solving problems facing society at the local, national and global level.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

In Illinois, Blacks represent about 16% of the state but 30% of people diagnosed with COVID-19. In Chicago, Blacks represent 70% of people who have died from coronavirus. North Carolina, South Carolina, and New York show the same pattern with slightly smaller gaps. Among the four states shown below, Blacks are 74% more likely to contract coronavirus than their percentage of the state. These disparities are likely to continue as the virus spreads to new areas. The coronavirus has not even hit rural America hard yet, where many counties do not even have a single hospital bed.

Source: BlackDemographics.com

In Louisiana, Blacks represent about one-third of the state population but 70% of COVID-19 deaths. Most of these deaths are centered in the New Orleans area. Blacks in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, represent roughly 45% of diagnoses and over 70% of deaths related to COVID-19.

This second set of charts come from a study titled Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency and Associated Risk Factors in the US Population (2011-2012), Parva et al., Cureus, 2018 Jun; 10(6): e2741.

Data analyzed in this study were collected through National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), specifically from a population of 4962 participants, age ≥20 years, who were hospitalized between 2011 and 2012. This cohort was stratified to divide the population into patients that were vitamin D sufficient (>50 nmol/L) versus patients who were vitamin D deficient (50 nmol/L). The risk factors were compared between the subpopulations in 2005-2006 and 2011-2012.

(My Comment:  50 nmol/L = 20 ng/mL.  CHers with a 25(OH)D3 serum concentration this low had the CH beast jumping real ugly several times a day/night.  Moreover, if the deficiency cutoff was up at 75 nmol/L (30 ng/mL) were most nutritionists and vitamin D3 experts say it is, the percentages would be even higher).

Of the 4962 participants interviewed in this study by NHANES 2011-2012, 1981 (39.92%) were vitamin D deficient (serum levels less than 50 nmol/L), a proportion that has remained consistent since 2005-2006, when NHANES found 40% of the population to be vitamin D deficient (Table ​1).

When comparing this vitamin D deficient population to the remaining 2981 participants with sufficient vitamin D levels (greater than or equal to 50 nmol/L), several statistically significant correlations were found, each of which are illustrate below (Table ​2).

And yes...  I can hear the purists claiming correlation does not indicate causality...  Painfully true.  That said, I'm just the messenger, but this should be a wake-up call to African-Americans and people with dark skin all over the world who are likely unimpressed with the technical differences between significant correlation and causality.

Take care and thanks again,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2020 at 11:04pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #53 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 11:56pm

Certainly the figures appear higher for black people than white but how much of that is susceptibility and how much is lifestyle related?

Certainly here in Oz our aboriginal people live in very close-knit communities and just one infection would be an epidemic overnight.

Has this aspect been considered as part of the over-all count?

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #54 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 2:15am

Good Morning Brian,

Great questions.  Unfortunately there was no apparent attempt to isolate lifestyle as a correlating factor in this NHANES study.  We can however, use existing data in the second chart as secondary indicators of lifestyle.  For example Poor Health, Obesity (BMI>30) and low milk product consumption all had a p-value <.0001 so these results are not due to chance.

Edited to add:  The susceptibility is due to the low vitamin D3 status.  Sufficient vitamin D3 would have helped the immune system fight off infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.  Without sufficient vitamin D3, the immune system over responds to infections, particularly lung infections sepsis/sepsis shock and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) found in most hospitalized COVID-19 patients.  Sepsis is also the leading cause of death in COVID-19.  See:

Without sufficient vitamin D3 to mediate the immune system, it over responds and too many killer T-cells, helper T-cells and macrophages migrate (chemotaxis) to the lung's alveoli triggering what is called a cytokine storm.  This is where the immune system's white blood cells release signaling molecules called cytokines, that further increases inflammation.

These cytokines include interleukin-1 (IL-1), IL-12, and IL-18, tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), interferon gamma (IFNγ), and granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF). The net result is a huge buildup of immune system cells and dead cells killed by the SARS-CoV-2 virus clogging the alveoli preventing the effective exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide. This is followed by progressive multiple organ failure (MOF) and death.

One of the more effective treatments for sepsis and septic shock, no matter how it is caused, is an IV of the HAT metabolic resuscitation rescue protocol.  This IV contains Hydrocortisone, Ascorbic Acid and Thiamine (HAT).  It is infused four times a day for at least 4 days. 

Dr. Paul Marik MD, discovered this protocol in 2016.  Watch his face when he asks "What Happened?" as he explains this lifesaving protocol's use in treating ICU patients with sepsis and septic shock.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

The following video of ICU nurses explaining how sepsis patients respond to the HAT IV protocol is also telling.

As if the tragic loss of thousands of lives daily to COVID-19 weren't bad enough, the real tragedy as I see it, is failure of CDC, FDA and the White House Coronavirus Task Force to acknowledge the existence of vitamin C, vitamin D3 and the HAT metabolic resuscitation rescue protocol as effective interventions to COVID-19. 

You need to ask yourself, are all these experts really trying to save lives with their guidance?  It's inconceivable these experts don't know about these lifesaving interventions for COVID-19.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2020 at 2:23pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #55 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 6:10pm

To All,

Here’s some suggested homework for the weekend.  It’s likely you weren’t doing much that’s more important with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.  Have the kids and grandkids watch these videos and you’ll be able to write off home schooling health education in the process.

The following videos are by Dr. Eric Berg, DC and Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Ph.D.  (Dr. Patrick’s PhD is in biomedical science and she’s an acknowledged expert in nutritional health).  Neither are medical doctors, nor do the claim to be one and they’re not selling vitamins, only providing information about their importance to our immune systems. 

This is why I find their presentations so refreshing, fact filled and free of the medical evidence mafia BS that is allowing thousands of deaths daily to COVID-19 without offering a single intervention… only the promise that the vaccine will be here in 17 months. 

You decide if the time taken to watch the following videos was well spent.

Take care,
V/R, Batch

Dr. Berg’s videos:
Vitamin D and COVID-19   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Vitamin D and Inflammation  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Vitamin D and Virus Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Uncommon Facts about Vitamin D  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Dr. Patrick’s video:
Vitamin D and COVID-19  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Her description of the importance of vitamin D starts at 24:52

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

johstrong
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dallas, Texas
Reply #56 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 7:54pm

As for the discussion I missed, about being questioned about having a bullet proof immune system, the mindset we need is prevention. Not Abortives, which is something the media is preaching. For example, I went to the Vitamin Shoppe this morning and they were out of Zinc supplements, just like how grocery stores are out of toilet paper and paper towels. Ended up getting a multivitamin, which helps me. I also got a supplement, N-Acetyl Cysteine, that supports lung function. Ick Zyrowski, who has a channel on YouTube that I’m subscribed to, posted a video about NAC this morning. Take a look, if you like. One love ❤️!

You never know your abilities until you have no other choice to use them 💪

IP Logged

johstrong
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dallas, Texas
Reply #57 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 7:55pm

Nick Zyrowski, I meant

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #58 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 9:15pm

Hey Johstrong,

I'm with you...  Prevention is key and helping our immune systems prevent SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, COVID-19 with vitamin D3, vitamin C and zinc is the first step. 

Unfortunately, too many people are not taking this step as thousands are becoming needlessly fatalities to COVID-19 daily.  They should have received the HAT metabolic resuscitation rescue protocol for the sepsis and septic shock that was killing them, but didn't... Why?

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #59 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 12:34am

Minimizing the spread right now is crucial but even if we see a big drop in spread soon this is just the beginning of what going to last at least a year or two. Probably the biggest reason to reduce spread would be to lessen the the load on our hospitals and care providers but in the end I’d guess 30% to 50% of us are going to to get infected. As we attempt to return to some kind of normalcy in the not too distant future it will start to spread again and again and we’ll be chasing hotspots all over the world. I hope I’m wrong but I’m not counting on it so the best thing I can think to do is reduce my susceptibility to the virus.  Lessening the seriously ill will also reduce the load on our caregivers. Those people already need a break.
  Sean

IP Logged

johstrong
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dallas, Texas
Reply #60 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 1:06am

Hey, Batch!

In my assessment, it’s more profitable to keep people in a Abortive lifestyle rather than a preventative one.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #61 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 1:28am

Hey Johstrong,

Your last post has me a little confused.  I don't sell anything and I don't own any stock in vitamin companies nor do any members of my family.  I'm not a doctor so I do not diagnose, prescribe or otherwise treat people. 

What I do is provide information outreach about safe and effective nutritional methods of controlling cluster and migraine headache with vitamin D3 and its cofactors.  That has changed since early February where I now provide information outreach on nutritional methods of boosting immune systems with vitamin D3 and its cofactors. 

It's clear from several recent studies and research papers that the primary cause of death from COVID-19 is sepsis and septic shock due to weak immune systems.  People who are vitamin D3 deficient, a 25(OH)D3 serum concentration ≤ 20 ng/mL (50 nmol/L) tend to have weak immune systems.

What people do with this information is between them and their PCP/GP.  I'm just the messenger.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #62 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 4:21am

Sean,

Your assessment is spot on.  As soon as we break the lock-down, people with naive and weak immune systems will be infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus and come down with COVID-19. 

That doesn't need to happen if the public was told that taking vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc was an immune-boosting strategy that would help avoid infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus or at least lessen the extent of infection. Of course people would need discuss this with immune-boosting strategy with their PCP/GP before stating.

The problem is nobody is telling the public about this immune-boosting strategy.  The CDC, FDA and the White House Coronavirus Task Force have said nothing about nutritional interventions people could take to boost their immune systems or even pharmaceuticals for that matter. 

All we hear is guidance on hand hygiene, social distancing, shelter in place, gather in groups no larger than 20, and confused guidance on wearing face masks. Not one word about nutritional or pharmaceutical interventions.

Experts at the CDC, NIH and the White House Coronavirus Task Force appear to be content to wait 17 more months for a vaccine and that the deaths of over a thousand Americans a day here in the US is just an unfortunate result of the COVID-19 pandemic.  Please tell me if you see this any differently.

Even the President ran into headwinds from the "Experts" in the White House Task Force by suggesting hydroxychloroquine.   He finally had to pull rank on the FDA to waive the off label use restriction on hydroxychloroquine.  His comment to take zinc caused another furor.  That said, people were listening...  You can't find a bottle of zinc tablets anywhere.

In another life, I spent 24 years in the Navy as an Officer and fighter pilot.  My last shipboard tour was Gun Boss/Weapons Officer on USS Kitty Hawk (CVA-63).  In preparation for that tour of duty, I attended a required classified seminar on NBC warfare. The visiting lecturer for biological warfare came from the Fort Detrick biological defense program were they research highly infectious pathogens including virus.

The data they collected on weaponized virus indicated the pandemic they would cause in a heterogenous population like the US, would end on its own accord no matter what people did and that the likely life cycle of such a pandemic was two to three months. 

During that time, people with naive (no related antibodies) and weakened immune systems would die.  Some would become infected, but likely survive developing antibodies for the weaponized virus while others with strong immune systems would become infected, but never know it being asymptomatic and also develop antibodies.  This would build a natural herd immunity that would prevent a future outbreak by this same virus. 

I see this playing out today.  We're effectively a month and a half into the US outbreak of COVID-19 and if you'll check the worldometers.info website at the following link and scroll down to the graph of Daily New Cases, the number of new cases of COVID-19 in the US has just started to drop.  That would tend to indicate to me, the US COVID-19 pandemic will likely drop to a dull roar by mid to late May. All the CDC guidance has done is lengthen the cycle.

Again, this rate of infection could be cut significantly, if people started taking vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc to boost their immune systems.  The video links I provided earlier today explain this in detail.

The issue we face now is how to get this information out to the public so we can end this lock-down and get our great Nation back to work and kids back to school without needless loss of life.  The CDC, FDA and White House Coronavirus Task Force have done nothing like this and I doubt they will. 

That leaves the President to spread this news.  Of course he will need to do a CYA and tell people to discuss this with their PCP/GP, but the word would be out and that would be huge.  He could even bring Dr. Rhonda Patrick, PhD or Dr. Paul Marik, MD on TV to explain how effective vitamin C, vitamin D3 and zinc could be in saving lives in the ICU and ending the COVID-19 pandemic here in the US.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to make this happen?  I've been sending messages like this to the White House web site and email to the TV networks daily to no avail.  That said, I'll keep trying.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2020 at 6:57am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #63 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 12:29pm

Interesting anecdotal evidence for the use of Melatonin here:Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Not sure I buy it but who knows?

As a side note....I'm almost positive the virus has been here longer than anyone cares to admit. My two adult daughters and myself had the symptoms way before the supposed patient one in the US. Neighbor across the street, my lawyer's college age daughter, people where I work, all with much the same symptoms. Some on the mild side, some on the "it kicked my ass" side.

For myself, six weeks, 3 trips to the doctor and multiple medications seemed to finally "cure" it. My doc didn't really know what to call it at the time but "bronchitis sounds as good as anything" was his answer when pressed. Only problem with that assessment is that was unlike any bronchitis I've ever experienced.

I do know when the antibody test is readily available around here I will be the first in line.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

johstrong
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dallas, Texas
Reply #64 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 12:52pm

Good morning, Batch! Happy Sunday to you 😊

My apologies for the confusion, as it was not my intention. What began for me seeing health in the Abortive and Preventative aspects began in May 2014, when I began seeing a doctor for my cluster attacks. The first visit, I was prescribed with Sumatriptan. I was informed that in the onset of an attack, use the spray and it shall abort the attack. T the time, I was more concerned with attacking the beast than putting a foreign chemical into my body, so I was game to try. However, it’s success rate was in the 50% range due to the least amount of times an attack was stopped for the day, the times it came roaring back after some hours, and times where the attack got angrier and grew worse. So, I’m back to receive another refill after going through the given refills like water (only 6 sprays in a box). So, my doctor prescribes me Verapamil. When he explained the research showed that Verapamil (blood pressure medication) prevents cluster attacks, I felt I had an Eureka moment. Though I was bummed to be 31 at the time and taking a blood pressure medicine, I was stoked to get me life back from the beast. This was in the middle of June 2014. At 80mg thrice a day, it busted the cycle only for the beast to come  roaring back at the end of August 2014. Now, I’m double dosing on Verapamil which leading to suffering from Constipation the week of Thanksgiving 2014. Fast forward to an cluster attack in September 2015 while on the phone with my then girlfriend, did a real breakthrough happen. She found this website, reached out to you, and had us both researching the anti inflammatory regime. At 80% efficacy, I felt like, in the words of our president, “what in the hell did I have to lose”? So, she bought me all the vitamins and minerals you suggested and, almost immediately, did it provide me the release of the beat. Once again, a preventative measure. You did state the importance of probiotics, in times of allergy season that you would need Benadryl since the serum goes toward any inflammation in the body. You also recommended Turmeric Curcumin, which I still take, and Vitamin C. Though I still had reminders that the Beast hadn’t totally walked out of my life, the regimen worked like gangbusters. And, still does to this day. When I got on the Keto diet on September 25, 2018, I began following Dr. Eric Berg on YouTube and had another Eureka moment when he stated that some of vitamins and minerals (K2, Mg, Ca) in the regimen is what the body needs to stay in Ketosis. That explained how some people began to lose weight once they started the regimen. This cemented the preventative lifestyle for me. If I understood how body can run like a well oiled machine, then I can give it what it needs rather needing prescribed narcotics that has unhealthy side effects, ie living an abortive lifestyle. Now, here we are in the times we are in with COVid-19. Dr. Berg, along with Dr. Nick Zyrowski, left YouTube videos explaining their opinions about the virus and what individuals can do to prevent viral infections. What they suggested is to boost your immune system. I’m not able to leave links to the videos since I haven’t posted here in a while, per administrator. I have listened to the Corona Virus task force on the news at work before being moved to work from home. All the media is pushing to to wash your hands, wear masks, and to await a vaccination that medical researchers are feverishly working on. Which sounds good in theory, but why not also tell people to load up of vitamins and foods that will bolster your immune system so that you won’t be susceptible to the virus, like Dr. Berg, Zyrowski, and Shiva🤔? My thoughts on why is that the need for people to stay at the mercy of vaccinations and medicine is more profitable for those at the mercy of big pharma’s graces than saving lives. In short, big pharma needs people to live an abortive lifestyle because big pharma would not be able to function if we all lived a lifestyle of prevention. Also, where was “wearing masks” when pollution was a major issue back in the day (poor air quality still exists to this day) or when cold/flu season is killing people, along with the importance of washing our hands? Do I believe social distancing is helpful? Most certainly do. Do I believe in wearing masks? Yes. I also believe staying home until all this blows over (getting your groceries delivered, video conferencing with friends and families) while cleaning up your diet and resting is more essential. To sum it up, I only get one body. I would rather preserve it by living preventatively rather than letting vaccinations be the end all be all. I’ve read up on the Spanish Flu. People will say that vaccinations have prevented another Spanish Flu event. However, no one talks about the nutrition before the Spanish Flu hit, just like nutrition isn’t being discussed in the media during COVid-19. A poor nutrition can weaken your immune system by robbing your body of its nutrients, making you prone to infections. With all that said, I appreciate what you have done, are doing, and will continue to do, Batch! You’ve given what has helped you in order to help others and I can not thank you enough. Because of you, along with Julie (the person who got me on this site), I’ve learned the importance of researching suggestion rather than blindly following expert opinions.

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #65 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 3:36pm

Racer1_NC wrote on Apr 19th, 2020 at 12:29pm:
For myself, six weeks, 3 trips to the doctor and multiple medications seemed to finally "cure" it. My doc didn't really know what to call it at the time but "bronchitis sounds as good as anything" was his answer when pressed. Only problem with that assessment is that was unlike any bronchitis I've ever experienced.

I do know when the antibody test is readily available around here I will be the first in line.

Me too Bill. I had a very suspicious bronchitis thing last year, which was unlike anything I have ever experienced. I never get bronchitis. When I realized how unusual it was, I hit it immediately with extra D3, C and zinc for many days. Even then, it took much longer to go away than my usual viruses. Maybe we will eventually get the truth as to when it actually arrived. I can't wait for an antibody test.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #66 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 5:36pm

Racer,

I caught a blip on the news about random COVID-19 antibody test results around 03:30 this morning Pacific Time, but my VCR 1-hour timer was already maxed out so I couldn't replay or record it. I did hear a talking head, I suspect from the CDC, say preliminary antibody test results like this are unreliable as most of the commercial antibody test kits for COVID-19 are not FDA approved.

It should be obvious that if a COVID-19 antibody test process proves valid and is accepted as an approved test by the FDA, having a high percentage of the population pop positive with COVID-19 antibodies indicating immunity and no other indications of infection, shoots big holes in the requirement to vaccinate the entire population.  Accordingly, I suspect the FDA is going to be stingy with their approvals of these antibody lab tests as too many people with antibodies capable of life long immunity against COVID-19 doesn't fit their narrative that a COVID-19 vaccine is the only acceptable solution.

In checking further, it appears the comment about unreliability of some COVID-19 antibody tests has merit.  The leading antibody test comes from Vibrant America. 

It measures three antibodies against four proteins for a 12-point matrix and what appears to be the most sensitive and specific test for a COVID-19 as illustrated in the graphic below. 

Of course it costs $149 a pop and Vibrant America is still awaiting FDA approval.  In addition, I've not seen where this lab test is covered by the blanket coverage legislation.

Some of the initial testing with the Vibrant America antibody assay was done last week by a Dr. Haas on 24 patients.  18 were negative and most of them were surprised as many had some of the COVID-19 symptoms.

The other six had various positive patterns across the 12 data points. One had the antibodies and was no longer infected or shedding. Five of the six tested positive for the antibodies. Unfortunately these five had active COVID-19, but were asymptomatic, i.e. "Typhoid Mary" types who appeared healthy, but were shedding virus like big dogs. 

The interesting feature of this 12 -point matrix is they can pair assays for the three antibodies IgM, IgG and IgA to clinical observations to measure when the test subject contracted COVID-19.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2020 at 4:15am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #67 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 5:51pm

Hey Johstrong,

Thank you for the clarification. I'm with you and we're on the same page. I've watched  Dr. Eric Berg's videos on COVID-19, virus, inflammation, little known facts about vitamin D3 and found all were fascinating well prepared and very educational.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #68 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 8:40am

Edited to correct links and credits:

There's more important news from two recent papers about COVID-19, it's severity and vitamin D3 status.

The first paper is titled,

Evidence that Vitamin D Supplementation Could Reduce Risk of Influenza and COVID-19 Infections and Deaths.
Grant WB et al. Nutrients. 2020 Apr 2.

It provides a detailed analysis of role of vitamin D3 in viral infections including COVID-19.

The second paper comes from the following link titled:

Vitamin D supplementation could possibly improve clinical outcomes of patients infected with Coronavirus-2019 (Covid- 2019) Mark M. Alipio

This is a preprint letter that has not been peer reviewed.  It provides data from a case study.

Cases were all confirmed for COVID-19 and were grouped as follows:

1. Mild - presenting with mild clinical symptoms and no diagnosis of pneumonia

2. Ordinary - presenting with fever, respiratory symptoms, and a confirmed diagnosis of pneumonia

3. Severe - cases with hypoxia and respiratory distress

4. Critical - cases with respiratory failure requiring intensive care

Vitamin D levels were grouped as follows:

• Normal - vitamin D level of 30 ng/ml (75 nmol/L) or above
  • Insufficient - vitamin D level between 21-29 ng/ml (51-74 nmol/L)
  • Deficient - vitamin D level below 20 ng/ml (50 nmol/L)

What were the findings of this study?

The average vitamin D level of all 212 cases was 24 ng/ml (59 nmol/L). 

Of all COVID-19 cases:
  • 49 (23%) cases were categorized as mild, with an average vitamin D level of 31 ng/ml (78 nmol/L)
  • 59 (28%) were categorized as ordinary, with an average vitamin D level of 27 ng/ml (68 nmol/L)
  • 56 (26%) were categorized as severe, with an average vitamin D level of 21 ng/ml (53 nmol/L)
  • 48 (23%) were critical, with an average vitamin D level of 17 ng/ml (43 nmol/L)
  • 86% of all cases among patients with normal vitamin D levels were mild, while 73% of cases among patients with vitamin D deficiency were severe or critical
For each standard deviation increase in vitamin D level, the odds of having a mild case compared to a severe case were 7.94 times more, and the odds of having a mild case compared to a critical case were 19.61 times more

All outcomes were statistically significant

The following chart comes from a related NHANES study comparing vitamin D3 status by race/ethnicity.

CHers taking the anti-inflammatory regimen have an average 25(OH)D3 serum concentration around 80 ng/mL. Smiley

The following chart comes from the study I've been running for the last 8 years of CHers taking the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 plus the cofactors shown in the first photo below.  This chart illustrates the Normal Distribution and Cumulative Probability of lab results from 313 CHers participating in this study for their serum 25(OH)D3 concentration after ≥ 30 days on this regimen.

The following normal distribution chart for baseline serum 25(OH)D3 comes from the same vitamin D3 study I've been running.  It illustrates the normal distribution of lab results for 25(OH)D3 reported at baseline from 313 CHers before starting the anti-inflammatory regimen with 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 plus the cofactors.   

You'll note that the mean 25(OH)D3 serum concentration from my study is the same 24 ng/mL as in the above case study.

The bottom line should be clear.  Keep your immune system functioning properly with sufficient vitamin D3 and cofactors and the SARS-CoV-2 virus will have a hard time making you come down with COVID-19.

Take care,
V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2020 at 2:06am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #69 - Apr 23rd, 2020 at 3:13pm

Here's another excellent paper on the topic du jure Sean found.

Individual risk management strategy and potential therapeutic options for the COVID-19 pandemic

The authors missed the connection between hydroxychloroquine and zinc where Hydroxychloroquine acts as an ionophore to transport zinc across cell membranes  lining airways and lung alveoli.  Other than that, the paper provides a sound strategy and very thorough coverage of therapeutic options.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #70 - Apr 24th, 2020 at 8:51am

Antibody lab tests.  A lift from WebMD at the following link.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

An antibody test checks the amount of certain antibodies called immunoglobulins (Ig) in your body.

Antibodies are proteins that your immune cells make to fight off bacteria, viruses, and other harmful invaders. The immunoglobulin test can show whether there's a problem with your immune system.

Some conditions cause your body to make too many or too few immunoglobulins.

Having too few immunoglobulins in your blood gives you a greater chance of getting infections. Having too many could mean you have allergies or an overactive immune system.
Types of Immunoglobulin

Your body makes a few different types of immunoglobulin antibodies, including these:

Immunoglobulin A: IgA antibodies are found in the mucous membranes of the lungs, sinuses, stomach, and intestines. They're also in fluids these membranes produce, like saliva and tears, as well as in the blood.

Immunoglobulin G: IgG is the most common type of antibody in your blood and other body fluids. These antibodies protect you against infection by "remembering" which germs you've been exposed to before.

If those germs come back, your immune system knows to attack them. Your doctor can test for IgG to figure out whether you've been infected by certain kinds of bacteria or virus.

Immunoglobulin M: Your body makes IgM antibodies when you are first infected with new bacteria or other germs.

They are your body's first line of defense against infections. When your body senses an invader, your IgM level will rise for a short time. It will then begin to drop as your IgG level kicks in and increases to protect you long-term.

RT-PCR Test for actual SARS-CoV-2 Virus.  Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) is a laboratory technique combining reverse transcription of RNA into DNA and amplification of specific DNA targets using polymerase chain reaction. It is primarily used to measure the amount of a specific RNA, in this case, the SARS-CoV-2 virus responsible for COVID-19.

The two major diagnostic labs here in the US, Quest Diagnositics and Lab Corp offer both tests.  The advantage of having these two test are peace of mind when going back to work or kids back to school, if you're positive for the SARS-CoV-2 antibodies and negative for the RT-PCR test for an active COVID-19 infection, meaning you're not shedding SARS-CoV-2 virus so you're not a threat to anyone. 

The other good reason for the antibody lab test is you'll be able to tell the Globalists and Medical Evidence Mafia to "Bug Off" when they try to mandate you take their COVID-19 vaccination next year. 

Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. This year's flu season is shaping up to be possibly less severe than the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season's 34,200 flu-related deaths.  Just remember, this is the same CDC whose "Experts" sent out thousands of  faulty RT-PCR test kits in early February contaminated with live SARS-CoV-3 virus reagents.

The following chart illustrates the number of deaths by week due to flu over the past few years.

The important thing to remember here is there was an FDA approved flu vaccine for each of these years. You tell me how effective you think these vaccines were.

Once again, I'm not a doctor, I don't diagnose, I don't treat and I don't prescribe.  I'm just the messenger.  I will tell you what I take. It's illustrated in the following photo.

With the exception of the Bio-Tech D3-50 that I take once a week, I take the rest of the supplements shown here daily.  In addition, I bumped my vitamin C from 3 grams/day to 6 to 8 grams/day in January and I also added 50 mg/day zinc along with a tablet of Quercetin daily.  My entire family and many close friends are taking the exact same supplements.

And no, I don't own stock in any nutraceutical companies.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2020 at 8:53am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #71 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 10:37pm

The video at the following link will not prevent people with low vitamin D3 status from being infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus nor will it end the lock-down any sooner for most of us. 

It will however, provide a chronological chain of events leading to the probability that the SARS-CoV-2 virus originated in the BSL-4 (Bio Safety Level 4) lab in Wuhan, China, why the SARS-CoV-2 virus is so much more infectious than wild-type coronavirus and possibly how we got into this mess.  It’s likely we will never know for sure if this is the case any time soon.  Accordingly, plausibility is up to the reader of this post.  I’m just the messenger.

The video is a documentary from The Epoch Times titled, "Tracking Down the Origin of the Wuhan Virus."  It unearths facts that mainstream media has largely ignored.  Please click on the following link and watch this video first, then continue reading the rest of this post.

Once you’ve watched this video, move the progress slider back to 23:45 and click the play button.  You’ll hear from the author of this video, that on 16 October 2014, the Obama administration, worried about the threat to public health from gain-of-function (GOF) research into SARS, MERS and influenza like virus, announced through the National Institutes of Health (NIH), it was suspending (US taxpayer’s) funding for similar GOF research.  That funding pause included funding to Doctor Shi Zhengli’s research project at the BSL-4 lab Wuhan, China. 

This is where a collaborative effort had been underway with Dr. Ralph S. Baric, a professor at the University of North Carolina, to conduct genetic engineering of SARS like Coronavirus in bats.  Doctor Shi Zhengli worked with Doctor Ralph S. Baric, University of North Carolina together with others, published an article in a 2015 edition of Nature Medicine.  In the article they discussed bat coronaviruses that showed potential for human emergence.

Dr. Baric runs a BSL-3 lab at the University of North Carolina and partnered with the biopharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences Inc. on a broad-spectrum antiviral drug called remdesivir, an adenosine analogue, which inserts into viral RNA chains, causing their premature termination.  Honestly… I don’t make this stuff up.  You connect the dots. I’m just the messenger.

The following reports and links unravel this funding.  Upon closer examination, this funding came from a contract let by the National Institutes of Allergy & Infectious Diseases (NIAID). For reference, NIAID is run by none other than Dr. Anthony Fauci, MD, who has been the Director at NIAID since 1984 under six different Presidents.

Statement on Funding Pause on Certain Types of Gain-of-Function Research  October 16, 2014

The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy announced today that the U.S. government will undertake a deliberative process to assess the risks and benefits of certain gain-of-function (GOF) experiments with influenza, SARS, and MERS viruses in order to develop a new Federal policy regarding the funding of this research.

During this deliberative process, U.S. government agencies will institute a pause on the funding of any new studies involving these experiments. For purposes of the deliberative process and this funding pause, “GOF studies” refers to scientific research that increases the ability of any of these infectious agents to cause disease by enhancing its pathogenicity or by increasing its transmissibility among mammals by respiratory droplets.

NIH has funded such studies because they help define the
fundamental nature of human-pathogen interactions, enable the assessment of the pandemic potential of emerging infectious agents, and inform public health and preparedness efforts. These studies, however, also entail biosafety and biosecurity risks, which need to be understood better.

For those of you who may not be familiar with this topic, gain-of-function research refers to any modification of a biological agent — like viruses or bacteria — that gives it new or enhanced activity, such as the ability to infect a host. While research on factors that could increase transmission or infection can be important for informing prevention strategies, some information from these studies might also be misused for harmful purposes.

Potential Risks and Benefits of Gain-of-Function Research: Summary of a Workshop. 2015 Apr 13

“Ultimately, GoF studies, which enhance viral yield and immunogenicity, are required for vaccine development.”

The Contract: 

Understanding the Risk of Bat Coronavirus Emergence
Award Number: R01AI110964
ORGANIZATION: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ALLERGY & INFECTIOUS DISEASES (NIAID)
OPDIV: NIH
AWARD CLASS: DISCRETIONARY
AWARD ACTIVITY TYPE: SCIENTIFIC/HEALTH RESEARCH (INCLUDES SURVEYS)
AWARDEE:
ECOHEALTH ALLIANCE INC 1200 LINCOLN AVENUE PROSPECT PARK, NY 10001

Contract Statement of Work (SOW): 3. Test predictions of CoV inter-species transmission. Predictive models of host range (i.e. emergence potential) will be tested experimentally using reverse genetics, pseudovirus and receptor binding assays, and virus infection experiments across a range of cell cultures from different species and humanized mice.

Issue Date FY: 2019 ( Subtotal = $661,980 )
Issue Date FY: 2018 ( Subtotal = $581,646 )
Issue Date FY: 2017 ( Subtotal = $597,112 )
Issue Date FY: 2016 ( Subtotal = $611,090 )
Issue Date FY: 2015 ( Subtotal = $630,445 )
Issue Date FY: 2014 ( Subtotal = $666,442 )
Grand Total All Awards = $3,748,715

Upon further research, I found that NIH (NIAID) has been doing business with Ecohealth Alliance Inc. since 2002 as illustrated in contract dollars awarded since that date.  They have between 50 and 100 employees and are located in Prospect Park, NY. Given their location, they would hardly be conducting recombinant DNA gene splicing of infections virus.

It's a common practice of many small business government contractors, to “Pass Through” actual research like this to other organizations like Universities and other entities with the requisite facilities and skill sets to do this kind of work.   Therefore, it’s not unreasonable to expect this contracted work and funding found its way from Ecohealth Alliance Inc., to Dr. Baric at the University of North Carolina and Dr. Shi Zhengli at the BSL-4 lab in Wuhan, China.

I was a Technology Consultant specializing in research and development as well as field testing of advanced hand-held combat systems, on several government contracts at Booz Allen Hamilton for the better part of 15 years since September of 1991.  Accordingly, as a government contractor, I’m very familiar with government contracting practices. 

These government contracts always have “Deliverables” spelled out in the contract Statement of Work (SOW).  These deliverables are typically in the form of “goods and services” including research and engineering and always, written reports.  Although Dr. Fauci would not have signed the contracts to Ecohealth Alliance Inc, he would have been well aware of NIAID funding for Extramural Research like this and a likely recipient of written reports of such contracted activities.

This begs the rhetorical question, “What did Dr. Fauci know and when did he know it?”  Not a word of any of this has come out in any of the White House pressers with Dr. Fauci leading the White House Corona Virus Task Force.  One might expect, after 36 years receiving reports of studies on infectious virus, that somewhere in the pile of paper, there's a pony... in this case, an effective intervention.  I’ll leave any further discussions and thoughts on this topic up to your own cogitation.  I’m just the messenger.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2020 at 11:05pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

johstrong
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Dallas, Texas
Reply #72 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 3:14pm

Good afternoon, family

I just finished my first run of the video, as well as reading the 2014 article of the funding pause. Very interesting. I will read the links you left and let my curiosity dig further, Batch. I’m sure my digging will lead to more research. Take care, y’all

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #73 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 3:14am

Here's a thinker that jumps right out of the COVID-19 stats.  We pat ourselves on the back because we're doing so great during the COVID-19 pandemic by testing, hand hygiene, a country-wide shutdown and social distancing (while destroying the greatest economy in history in the process).

However, compared to India, the world's second largest population, it has a population density 11 times greater than the US.  We test for COVID-19 31 more times per million than India, yet India has a COVID-19 death rate of 0.7/million and the US death rate is 179/million, 242 times greater than India.   

Why is that? What do the Indian people know that we don't?

India has excellent doctors, many were trained here in the US, but they don't have a National Healthcare system like ours.  At best, they have Brahma-care.

Some will argue our medical reporting system is far superior to that in India and that may be true.  However, I've a hard time thinking our medical reporting system is 200 times better.  Me thinks it's Turmeric (Curcumin).  There is hardly a meal made without this spice in India.

It turns out there's a recent gold standard randomized RCT of Turmeric (Curcumin) titled, Effects of phytosomal curcumin on anthropometric parameters, insulin resistance, cortisolemia and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease indices: a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial by Cicero et al., Eur J Nutr. 2020; 59(2): 477–48.

The title of this study may be a little misleading. However, it's important to note the conditions listed in this study are part of the Metabolic Syndrome.  Nearly all of the hospitalized COVID-19 patients suffer from the Metabolic Syndrome that also includes a weakened and dysfunctional immune system that ultimately for the critical cases, results in sepsis, septic shock, and cytokine storm followed by multiple organ failure and death.

Hmmm . . . Maybe we should start taking some Turmeric (Curcumin).

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #74 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 4:37am

Batch,

Christine and I have been taking it daily for a couple of years. Don’t know if it is a factor in helping to avoid Covid 19 and I’m not putting it to the test.

But it can’t hurt, just like Vit-C, D3, Zinc etc.

Following the hand washing, mask, distancing recommendations AND taking good dietary supplements to support your immune system may not save our lives, but we sure as hell are improving the odds.

The same applies to Cluster Headache.

Better to have an arsenal, than rely on one arrow.

Stay safe everyone,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!