Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen prescription on disability medical (Read 611 times)
nathan w
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Oxygen prescription on disability medical
Feb 12th, 2020 at 7:11pm

Hi everyone, 
I'm new to the site, but not new to CBS. Have been chronic for almost 20 years now...was on oxygen years ago until it seemed to stop working. Then about 2 years ago my headaches vanished! I thought I was cured! ..until November.  Round 2, full force,  die hard with a vengeance.  Except now my disability insurance says they no longer cover oxygen tanks for cluster headaches.  Has anyone else run into this problem and is there a way around it?
Desperate to get off imitrex..I'm 48 and imitrex puts one heck of a strain on the ticker.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Oxygen prescription on disability medical
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2020 at 10:13pm

G'day,  Nathan,  and welcome.  I can't guess at how to get around it within your system but I know many have found a way outside of the system,  and that's using all welding gear.

The complete set-up is described on the  Oxygen Info  button on the left side of your screen and it seems the only thing to watch is not telling the welding suppliers that it's for personal use.

Good luck,  and let us know you're getting on.

We care.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!