Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member (Read 488 times)
R Tatts
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Mar 3rd, 2020 at 5:49pm

Hi there,

I'm Rachel from Bolton in the UK, I've suffered from cluster headaches for around 7 years, originally diagnosed as trigeminal  neuralgia, I've had a hard time getting any kind of help from the GPs at my surgery and was laughed at by the neurologist I waited for months to see. (She said it was all down to having a 'clicky jaw') 
My CH is pretty much chronic now, with the odd few pain free days and I have had to give up my teaching job as I found I was babbling nonsense to mask the crucifying pain. (awkward in front of a class of 17 year olds)
I take 40mgs of Amytripteline a night and inject Sumatriptan when it gets really bad, but I avoid this as it's expensive and doesn't really seem to do anything anymore.
I've joined today because I have developed Bell's palsy a couple of days ago, I was initially quite upbeat because my CHs disappeared!  (I think this was down to the Prednisolone I was prescribed) However, they came back with a vengeance last night and I'm hitting a new low.

It's just a help to know there's somewhere I can go for support, I think I'm going to do some digging to help me find some more options,

Thanks for being here, Rachel

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!