Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member (Read 2739 times)
R Tatts
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Mar 3rd, 2020 at 5:50pm

Hi there,

I'm Rachel from Bolton in the UK, I've suffered from cluster headaches for around 7 years, originally diagnosed as trigeminal  neuralgia, I've had a hard time getting any kind of help from the GPs at my surgery and was laughed at by the neurologist I waited for months to see. (She said it was all down to having a 'clicky jaw') 
My CH is pretty much chronic now, with the odd few pain free days and I have had to give up my teaching job as I found I was babbling nonsense to mask the crucifying pain. (awkward in front of a class of 17 year olds)
I take 40mgs of Amytripteline a night and inject Sumatriptan when it gets really bad, but I avoid this as it's expensive and doesn't really seem to do anything anymore.
I've joined today because I have developed Bell's palsy a couple of days ago, I was initially quite upbeat because my CHs disappeared!  (I think this was down to the Prednisolone I was prescribed) However, they came back with a vengeance last night and I'm hitting a new low.

It's just a help to know there's somewhere I can go for support, I think I'm going to do some digging to help me find some more options,

Thanks for being here, Rachel

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Re: New member
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2020 at 6:05pm

Hi Rachel

go here and read up on the vitamin D regiment.

( Medications,  Treatments,  Therapies )

Thanks Mark Roberts
p.s stay away from alcohol.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2020 at 5:33am

G'day Rachel,  welcome,  and it's awful you're getting such a rough trot from the people who say they are dedicated to helping others. 

Laughed at by a neuro who then diagnosed a clicky jaw?  Surely that's unconscionable conduct!

Regarding the prednisolone,  it's a fast-acting but short-lived preventive which is usually offered alongside one of the long-term preventives which take a while to actually start working.  Were you offered another treatment to complement the Pred or was it given as purely a one-off? 

The sumatripan injectables can be terrific,  and happily we can suggest ways to get far better value from them,  but there are many other avenues to be explored as well.

Inhaling pure oxygen at the first sign of a hit is considered by many to be the first line of defence.  To the left of your screen is a button for  Oxygen Info  and while it might look a bit scary at first glance it's well worth a read.

Starting a headache diary listing all the details of each hit  -  time, duration, what you were doing, what you'd been eating  -  can be a great help to competent doctors and might even give a hint as to individual triggers. 

Our good friend MDR mentioned the vitamin D3 regimen which was devised right here and is offering sensational results for so many who must live this nightmare.  It's all just natural stuff and it's not even expensive.

Hitting a new low is easy when you must fight this beast,  Rachel,  but happily there is a way to fight back and win.

Please let us know how you're getting on because we care.

All headaches are horrible,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

zasso
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 7:29am

Hello! I am new too. My name is Julia and I suffer from headaches for about 13 years now. As I am in Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register real estate in Como, Italy it's been very bad for the past month. I can't visit a doctor because they are all busy with the virus situation, I can't go for a long walk too. So I try to sit on my balcony as much as I can just to breath some fresh air and to relax a bit.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2020 at 7:01am by zasso »  

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 7:43am

Hi
go here and read up on the vitamin D regiment.

( Medications,  Treatments,  Therapies )

Thanks Mark Roberts
p.s stay away from alcohol.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!