Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lidocaine Intranasal (Read 1019 times)
Goretex101
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Lidocaine Intranasal
Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:38pm

I have been dealing with my CH early this year and they are killing me. I usually start Prednisone 10mg twice a day but have still yet to find an abortive. Triptans I have the worst side effects from, Almost like heart attack feelings.
My headaches usually last for one month of the year.
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with Lidocaine Intranasal ? My headache starts in my nose and behind my eye and that's the source of the most pain.It stretches to my upper teeth and jam, I usually use dental numbing agent to help that. I was wondering if i should ask my doctor and see if i could try the lidocaine. Any help would be great.
I also have oxygen which depending has mixed results.
I even tried Cambia today with a xanax and the Cambia didnt help but the xanax knocked me out

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Lidocaine Intranasal
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 12:17am

Many CHeads have said it's not much use while others reckon it really helps to some degree.  As you intend doing it in consultation with your doctor I reckon go for it because you've little to lose.

We'll also be interested to hear your results.

As to the O2,  have you seen the  Oxygen Info  button just to the left of your screen?  It offers the optimum set-up along with the best way to use it and excellent detail of the mask that gives greatest effect.

Full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes!

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Goretex101
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 1:58am

Thanks, Brian, I'm going to give a shot because like you said nothing to lose. I will report back if she gives me the script. Thanks, Brian for the info. I also think I have the wrong mask so I will look into it. Plus I could only go up to 15 LMP with this regulator. It seems to help sometimes need 2 shots of it back to back with a 10-minute break in between

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 3:32am

Recommended oxygen is a minimum of 15lpm,  rather than that being the maximum.  Also the right mask is terrifically important,  as many will verify.

It's called a ClusterMask,  you buy it very cheaply right here,  and I wish you the best with the changes you're considering.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!