Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Symptoms during remission, when no headaches? (Read 1687 times)
Howie
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Symptoms during remission, when no headaches?
Apr 1st, 2020 at 12:37pm

New here, typical Cluster sufferer with 9-10 months of remission a year for last 7 years, until recently misdiagnosed Asia trigeminal neuralgia. 60 year old male ( last I looked).

After hours of Googling, no info on my question: do you have symptoms when not having headaches? I have fatigue, tightness on back of neck on cluster side, runny nose on both sides and horribly puffy lower eyelids on both sides all year round. Thank you very much.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Symptoms during remission, when no headaches?
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 4:09pm

G'day Howie and welcome aboard.  Can only speak for myself and the only symptom I ever got while out of cycle was the occasional 10 second zinger just to remind me the monster was out there somewhere.

Mind you,  we've long known that no two ClusterHeads are quite the same.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2020 at 10:19pm

The most common ones are, sore scalp, tender to touch, a stiff back neck, and of course the main one folks ask about is shadows.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

CHsRtheDeviL
CH.com Junior

Kill The Beast!!!

Downers Grove
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2020 at 9:21am

Usually when I go into remission I'm just amazing, man "REMISSION" that right now sounds like the best thing in the world.  I'm currently going thru a quite crappy cycle, attacks are making me blubber like a baby almost all the time now.  Don't konw why I've always been good about it, maybe after so many years and going thru so much pain I've just broke.  Anyways, sorry off topic.  Yeah when I am in remission I pretty much am completely fine, I have no problems or symptoms at all.  The only thing I can think of is sometimes I feel a twinge(best word I can think of to describe) on my left side(attack side) it's really quick but it feels like a twinge I'd get when I'm in cycle.  Also even when I'm in remission I don't drink, no beer no anything, as much as I really really want to it just doesn't mean as much to me as not having an attack and dealing with the pain.  I'm not gonna drink if it means I could possible get an attack or bring on a cycle ya know?  Sorry for extra babbling, I have no one to talk to and no one understands these.  I hate that the word "headache" is even involved, take an aspirin Angry

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 10:05am

Been over 12 years since my last attack. I still get shadows

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

bcsanders
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 7:37pm

Like everyone says we can only speak for ourselves.   Out of cycle life is normal.   An occassional shadow.   Maybe a level one but very infrequent.     Hope it helps.

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:32pm

Greetings Howie, It sounds like shadows. In my case I get a dull ache over left eye but occasionally watering eye or running nose. I can mostly deal with it using an icepack or a coffee. Redbull energy drink also helps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!