Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Update on managing my CH (Read 1009 times)
Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Update on managing my CH
Apr 3rd, 2020 at 5:44am

Hi guys, I hope you are all handling your various lockdowns for the virus. I have made steady progress in the last few months. I am now down to 240 mg verapamil per day SR (5 days). It has been a long struggle over a 2 year period at least. Much pain and agony could have been avoided if i had received better medical advice. In the end I was chronic and getting around 5 episodes per day. One was always around 0300 hrs! My wife was in touch with a guy called Alex on Face Book and he gave us a remedy. I went on a very high dose of verapamil 1200 mg per day and the CH stopped. Side effects were shaking like parkinsons and huge tiredness. No sleep just tiredness and exhaustion with the most basic physical activity. I then slowly reduced verapamil over a period of months. I have not had an episode for well over a month now  and not used any abortives. I still get the odd shadow but minor compared to the past. So this is my story and I strongly advise affected people to chat with their doctors about it. You need regular ECG for this dose. Beware constipation. I take moloxale. Good luck. I would not wish this devastating condition on my worst enemy so I am saying there is hope.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2020 at 5:45am by Graemel »  

IP Logged

Graemel
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Taupo NZ
Re: Update on managing my CH
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 12:32am

Hi again, I hope you are all coping with lockdown. Scary times. My progress continues. I am now taking 180mg verapamil per day now. Effectively it is 120mg every 16 hours. I am experiencing a few shadows and may need to go back to 240mg. I hope not! Still have not used any abortives. I forgot to mention before that I am also taking the D3 formula. This may have allowed me to drop to such a low dose of verapamil however the jury is still out. Keep well everyone.

IP Logged

Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Update on managing my CH
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2020 at 11:17pm

Hi Graeme, While I have no experience with verapamil my brother-in-law, a chronic CHer has been taking verapamil for several years now with excellent results and no side effects. His dosage is 120mg twice a day. He says that occasionally his ch’s will ramp up and then he adds a pill in the middle of the day but cuts that back out after a bit. I’ve tried to talk him into the Vitamin D regimen to no avail but he’s happy with his 240mg a day so I can’t argue with his success. 
   I do follow the Vitamin D regimen and have had much better results with the D3-50 powered capsules than with the gel caps and of course don’t have to take as many.    Good luck, Sean

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!