Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
3 years on D3 regimen and now whammo (Read 2539 times)
jmc1106
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

3 years on D3 regimen and now whammo
Jun 17th, 2020 at 4:14pm

The D3 regimen has been a godsend to my husband. He has found that he needs to remain on 10,000 iu, plus the rest of the protocol, plus Benadryl which he is able to cut back to 25 mg over the winter. With some increased shadows, he bumped the Benadryl back up to 50 mg, and now out of nowhere he had an attack last night. I wonder if it could be an allergy thing, and he might benefit by adding 25 mg Benadryl when he gets home from work, or if he should bump up his intake of D3. OF COURSE we are planning to take a 10 day camping trip in 2 days (Tetons), so I am trying to nip this thing in the bud ASAP. His doctor also just relocated and we have no idea if anyone else in that office will be cooperative. Sigh. Any ideas? TIA!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: 3 years on D3 regimen and now whammo
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2020 at 4:42am

Fair dinkum that's rotten luck for the pair of you but it mustn't be allowed to stop a camping trip!

My suggestion would be to check the arsenal to ensure the O2 is there,  plenty of Red Bulls and Imitrex,  along with whatever else worked for you before the wonders you now enjoy from D3.

Get some goji berries,  capsaisin spray,  acupuncture, take up yoga,  anything,  but you can't let this monster deprive you of a trip away out bush.

Besides,  clean air and great cooking is next best thing to a cure.

Bugger the beast.  Go for it!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2020 at 11:33pm

My advice would be to shoot a PM to Batch, he's the man to get your husband out of this pickle.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2020 at 5:17am

I would bump up everything you just said in your post

Mark

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 5:36pm

Hey JMC,

Sorry the CH beast jumped ugly after a 3-year hiatus. We've made a few changes to the anti-inflammatory regimen CH and MH preventative treatment protocol that just might help prevent the problem you're facing.

The first change is a switch from the oil-baseid liquid softgel vitamin D3 formulations to the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU water soluble form of vitamin D3.  Many of us have found the Bio-Tech D3-50 to be faster acting with a higher bioequivalence in elevating serum 25(OH)D3 than the same dose of the liquid softgel vitamin D3 formulations.  Most CHers are able to remain CH pain free taking one 50,000 IU Bio-Tech D3-50 capsule a week.  That works out to an average vitamin D3 intake of 7,100 IU/day.  There's another advantage to the Bio-Tech D3-50.  It costs 23cents/capsule so taken at one a week that works out to a tad over 3 cents/day.  A 5,000 IU liquid softgel capsule of vitamin D3 costs on average 6 cents.

The second change is a switch from the vitamin B 50/100 complex to Methyl Folate + B Complex.  It too has a much higher bioequivalence.

I should have a posted download copy of the latest version of the anti-inflammatory regimen CH and MH preventative treatment protocol in a month or so.  In the meantime, the following photo illustrates the supplements by brand and dose in the updated version.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you're worried about a COVID-19 infection and you're taking 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3, there's really no worry.  There's data from several studies that indicate COVID-19 patients with a severe reaction to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and all fatalities all were vitamin D3 deficient, a 25(OH)D3 serum concentration less than 19 ng/mL.  You can further increase the COVID-19 preventative effect with immune boosting doses of vitamin C (1000 mg 3 times/day), 50 mg/day zinc and 400 mg/day Quercetin. Vitamin C is a potent anti-viral agent and zinc stops the SARS-CoV-2 virus from entering cells within the lung's alveole.  Quercetin is a zinc ionaphore that helps zinc pass into cells and this prevents virus from replicating.  The quick list of anti-viral and immune boosting supplements are illustrated in the following photo of what I and many other CHers are now taking by brand and dose to prevent COVID-19.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hope this helps.  Please keep us updated and take care.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 10:57pm

From Batch’s post immediately above – Para 5, line 1.

“If you're worried about a COVID-19 infection and you're taking 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3, there's really no worry.”

Of all the falsehoods and misleading nonsense he has posted about Covid-19 – and there have been more than I can count – this is far and away the worst.  Anyone who reads this, and accepts it as accurate or true is putting their health and their life at risk.  Because this site supports free and open dialogue, there is apparently no way to stop these dangerous posts, but it is time that reasonable people here call this out for exactly what it is – agenda-driven propaganda and falsehoods designed to convince you that the author – and not medicine or science – have the answers to protecting you from this horrible virus.

IP Logged

Sean McE2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2020 at 12:40am

Hi Traveller, Unfortunately, the only way to truly protect oneself from this virus is to never step out your front door again, as that’s unlikely to happen the next best alternative is to apply every safeguard one can do. Definitely mask up, sanitize your hands after touching anything outside your door and absolutely do not enter crowded environments particularly indoor ones. Medicine and science haven’t  offered any prevents or aborts yet so it’s up to the individual to lookout for himself and those around him and this is where this country is failing. It’s blowing up again because people are not assuming individual responsibility. Though we need doc’s to diagnose and prescribe drugs for our CH’s most of us clusterheads are our own best advocates and I’m guessing had to become pretty self reliant, I know I am. If all my efforts to limit my exposure to this virus fail then I will be relying on my immune system to get me through and any supplements that may help my immune system do it’s job (and I’m not talking hocus pocus junk) are worth trying.  😊Sean😊

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 12:56pm

Read This Link Today - Before the Second Wave Hits

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2020 at 1:03pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

jackiegirl
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2021 at 9:55pm

Vitamin D3 deficiency has indisputably been a huge factor in the population's reaction to the virus. I added the Zinc, Quercetin and C to my CH regimen a year ago. My husband, 62 with high blood pressure, does not have CH but has been on the regimen with me for several years. We both got Covid in March and sailed through it in a week.  We never lost smell, developed a cough, or had any other major symptoms. In fact, we had so much energy after 9 days that we were able to walk 3 miles a day with ease. This protocol has been recognized by many physicians and several hospitals as effective. The only other component of the protocol recommended by the hospital  needed if you are exposed to Covid is Ivermectin. But that is impossible to get due to the politicization of
treatments. Although censored, you can find many doctors who have treated people successfully with D3, Zinc, C, Quercetin, and Ivermectin. I add NAC as an extra boost for my immune system when I am going to be around a lot of people.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!