Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie from FL! (Read 1565 times)
Kat92
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Newbie from FL!
Jul 3rd, 2020 at 5:32pm

Hey everyone!

I am new to the site, I am a member of cluster busters.org.  This is my second year I am starting dealing with chronic cluster headaches.  I am a 27y/o female and they started when I was 26.  The year is relatively mild with strictly shadow pain all year.  Starting at the end of June/beginning of July they get pretty bad, so right now! I am familiar with O2, I have a tank and my set up.  I try to use it as little as possible because I pay $78 out of pocket per tank.  I have been on the D3 regimen year round.  I guess I don't have specific questions, but I just wanted to introduce myself as another soldier in the fight.  I have been to 6 neurologists being diagnosed with migraines every time.  It is super frustrating.  ANY info I have gathered has all been from the site and the amazing veterans sharing their experiences.  I can only hope this gets easier as the years go on.  I think coming to terms with how life altering this is has been harder than dealing with the headaches themselves.  I miss my life prior to this.  My most recent neuro put me on verapamil 80 mg twice per day extended release.  I am quite frustrated as this drug does not seem to be working, even at higher doses.  I am seeing my neuro on wednesday to hopefully switch to the immediate release verapamil. Anyone with success with verapamil want to chime in and give me some advice.  I am pretty frustrated at this point.  I have also added benadryl to my D3 regimen.  THANKS TO BATCH! Any who, look forward to chatting with you all.

PFW

Kat

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Newbie from FL!
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2020 at 6:01am

Welcome aboard,  Kat,  and I can't answer a single one of your questions,  but I still want to say G'day.

Happily there is a wealth of info here and plenty of good people happy to share it.

You're among friends who truly understand,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2020 at 6:29am

Hi Kat92,
Lived in Florida for 20 some yrs Boca Raton the only thing I use is vit. D I take 50,000 iu a day I was chronic for 10+ yrs it was brutal. Read Read  everything you can on this board this place saved my life.

Mark.

IP Logged

Kat92
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2020 at 11:03am

Hey nice to meet you. Wow chronic for 10 years? That stinks. What broke your Chronic CH? Was it solely the D3 regimen?  Is it safe to be taking 50,000 IU of Vitamin D daily?  I have the D3-50 BioTech water soluble and I'm wondering if maybe I should be trying that. 

Best
Kat

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2020 at 12:54pm

A lot had to do with the vitamin D I think  plus I think it ran it's course
never had a problem with vitamin D. One other thing I do is drink lots of water.

Mark.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2020 at 7:02pm

Kat,
Welcome.

I’ve been chronic since 2012, episodic for 10 years prior to that. The D3 Regimen is the only thing that has ever made a difference and while I still get shadows daily and very occasionally a big hit, my life is manageable now.

Can I suggest you send a PM to Batch regarding loading and maintenance dosing.

You have nothing to lose but your headache.

Best,

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2020 at 9:17pm

Hi Kat92, and welcome, I take one BIO-TECH D3-50 once a week, and all the other cofactors daily, which is keeping the beast at bay for me.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

Kat92
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2020 at 2:17pm

Thanks for the response! Normally, I take one D3-50 per week as well. The biotech water soluble.  I am actually beginning the loading dose again for a week during a strong time of year for my cycle.  The past day has been SO MUCH better than the last week.  I am down to only mild shadows and maybe one stronger attack per day.  Friday I was having attacks every 3 hours from 4PM-3AM.  I also added benadryl to my regimen right now.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2020 at 1:18am

I'm pleased to read, things are getting better for you, stick  with what you are doing and hopefully the beast will move on and then you can stay pain free and get on with your life, like myself.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!