Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long time silent member, D3 questions (Read 1312 times)
Tre Davis
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Long time silent member, D3 questions
Jul 14th, 2020 at 2:38pm

Hi everybody,

I’ve been on this site for who knows how long...10 years?? Maybe more if it’s been around that long. I’m grateful for all I’ve learned and just to have a community so I don’t feel alone.

So this post is about the D3 treatment. Long story short I was diagnosed when I was 17 and I’m 28 now, I’ve grown to know how to handle my cycles pretty well...until now.

I’ve always been able to rely on pretty specific patterns with my headaches but this cycle has been so different. I’ve gotten 3 full blown headaches in the past 8 hours and I don’t know if I’ve gotten that many in a day ever over eleven years. I have no clue what’s causing the extreme change in headache behavior.

Because I knew how to deal with them so well (Triptan, ice packs and oxygen) worked for me, I never looked too hard into the D3 regimen. But now I am desperate to try it.

Ok so my big concern is this: I recently lost my job like many others leading me to have no insurance. I know that it’s recommended to get labs done when starting and even to maintain while doing the D3. I can’t afford a Dr visit right now with no insurance. Is it absolutely necessary to do lab work to get on the D3 treatment? Are there any ways around it? I’m desperate to get this going but need so answers.

Thank you for any help

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Long time silent member, D3 questions
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2020 at 5:48am

G'day Tre,  and we're still here as large as life.  Just not quite as smelly.

Don't know much about the D3 regimen and leave that to the experts but these new headaches right out of the blue deserve a little attention.  We're all perfectly familiar with good ol' CH,  it's almost like an old pal,  but when things change it's really worth looking further.

Are you absolutely sure these recent hits have truly been CH?  It's long been our view here that any sudden or dramatic change in headaches is worth getting checked out in case it's nothing to do with our old friend but something that's actually serious instead.

There's also a few folk here who have all the joys of living with more than just the one type of headache,  what fun,  but manageable once you know for sure what's going on.

Is there any way you can find an expert to talk to?  I know little about your health care system,  other than it sounds horrific,  but it really might be worth taking this further in case it's nothing to do with CH and needs a little extra attention.

Best of luck and keep us posted because we care,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2020 at 1:51am

G'day Tre, Yes, you can start the vitamin D regiment now, and stay on it for one month and see how you go, then if you find you are getting some relief from the beast, then maybe you can find a way to get the 25(OH)D blood test done.

Cheers Hoppy

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2020 at 2:22pm

Tre,

I agree with Hoppy.

Start the D3 Regimen according to Batch’s loading dose schedule, and get your bloods done when you have completed the loading, or as soon as possible thereafter.

If you do a search on Google, you might find a home testing kit.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!