Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New here. My introduction. (Read 1207 times)
jordiet
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

New here. My introduction.
Nov 25th, 2020 at 11:31am

Hello everyone,

I have been an episodic cluster sufferer for about 25 years.
After trying nothing more than the first corticosteroid medications, I spent the last few visits of the beast with home oxygen.
Now, I have been lucky enough to find this site, and with Batch’s invaluable help, I will start taking the antiinflammatory regimen.
I hope I do well, like many of you.
Thank you for making me a place on this forum and much courage to all of you who are struggling with the beast!

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: New here. My introduction.
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 3:56pm

Jordiet,

Welcome to Ch.com.  Glad you found us.

Lots of info and support here.

Ask as many questions as you need to. Or tell us a bit more about your CH journey...meds, diagnosis, supporters....anything at all.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2020 at 7:31pm

G'day, Jordiet, and welcome.

It's great you're having a win with O2 and there's a button on the left of your screen marked "Oxygen Info" which might contain an extra trick or two to make it even better.

Every little bit helps,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2020 at 1:04am

Jordiet Welcome

We are always here to help.

Mark.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 12:20pm

Hey Jordiet,

Welcome to CH.com.  You've come to the right places.  We know what you've been going through for 25 years and the good news is it doesn't need to be that way. 

The anti-inflammatory regimen really works to help prevent your CH. We have a 10 year track record of successes.  It also helps boost your immune system to better fight off viral infections like colds, flu and even COVID-19.  Lots of good scientific evidence coming from recent RCTs concluding this important capability.

I've sent you a PM.  Please respond so I know you received my message.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

jordiet
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2020 at 6:49am

Hello everyone again, and thank you for your answers.

As you ask me, I will tell you more about my case:

When I was about 14 (now i’m 39) I started having episodes of "headaches". The doctors didn’t know what it was, they told me it was nerve-wracking, and the tests all came out right. They gave me painkillers that were useless, until a new family doctor uttered the words: it could be cluster headache ...
And I am referred to the neurologist. They give me tests, questions and scans and it is confirmed that my history and symptoms match our well-known beast ...

From here, I am prescribed various medications, and it coincides that I register in a Spanish forum (which has now closed) and I am learning about it.
For fear of the rebound effect and that it will cause me more crisis (I am episodic), after the first time (which did not affect me), I decide not to take more prednisone or manidon.
Then the neurologist changes me, I give him the option of home oxygen, and he prescribes it to me without any problem. I buy the mask with reservoir recommended by CHers and use a flow of 15 l / min.

Still, it didn’t affect me the first few times and withstood the attacks as much as I could, I don’t want to use injectable sumpatriptan, and I’ve suffered a lot, as, unfortunately you know.

Without medication my cycles have been spaced out and I now have an annual one that starts now and lasts until March, usually starting and ending with shadows and with the high point in February / March.

Last year, except for the strongest attacks, oxygen worked very well for me. I hope this continues.
Thanks to the Spanish forum I mentioned to you, and to a user who was just starting out, I came across this forum. And how lucky I was!

After talking by email with Batch (Batch, I replied to your message here in the forum, but I'm Jordi, we talk by email), I asked the products to start the anti-inflammatory regimen and I'm pending blood tests.

I commented to my neurologist on this option and she told me to go ahead (she was considering botox or occipital infiltration) but I am very hopeful with this alternative. I wish it worked out for me like many of you, just thinking I can be pain free, crying with emotion.

We'll see how it goes, I'll tell you, I hope to do the regimen correctly, but I'm also scared if it does not work, because so far, things that worked for the people of the Spanish forum, have not gone well for me ...
I would like to end by thanking you all for the warm welcome, you know how comforting it is to find a place where you can find hope, in the midst of our pain. I especially want to thank Batch for the help he is offering me. I hope you are all the best you can be.

And little by little, I will be reading to you and learning from your experiences. Oh, and sorry for my bad English!

Best regards!

Jordi

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!