Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trigger point therapy and treatment (Read 605 times)
JT08
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Trigger point therapy and treatment
Dec 30th, 2020 at 1:51pm

Hi everyone,

I’m interested in learning more about myofascial trigger point therapy or treatment. I’ve read the study conducted in 2008 and have only been able to find one post on this topic from several years ago. I’ve done the typical lacrosse ball in the shoulder blades, foam roller, etc and have found minor success with it. Cycles do always seem to be very closely associated with neck and shoulder tightness/pain.

Does anyone have resources they can point me towards or success stories they can share? The 2008 study references injections - what type of doctor would do this? I’m not even sure where to start. Thanks in advance for any help.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Trigger point therapy and treatment
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2020 at 4:28pm

I found this   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  and while I'm not commenting either way it appears to be quite well written and impartial.

Not sure if a TENS machine falls under the same category but our good friend Barry T. Coles said he had at least a little success using one.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!