Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen fire hazards (Read 1014 times)
RickJim
CH.com Junior

Giving up is not an option.

Vancouver, British Columbia
Oxygen fire hazards
Mar 2nd, 2021 at 12:59pm

Hello friends -

I am in a bad cycle and I have been using oxygen a lot in the last few days. One M tank of O2 goes by in 5 days or less.

I am concerned about the fire hazards, since I am new to oxygen and I have been experimenting with it. Not sure how much pure oxygen I am releasing into my apartment.
I live in a small apartment, and with the Canadian winter, it is hard to keep my apartment properly ventilated.
Since you guys most certainly use oxygen as much as I do, what are the safety precautions I should take? For how long do you advise me to ventilate my apartment after a busy night of O2 use? What about clothes impregnated with oxygen?  Any advice will certainly help!

Thanks in advance,
RickJ

Thanks

Rick
https://www.facebook.com/rjimenezt  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Oxygen fire hazards
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 8:14pm

I can understand your concern, mate.  I recall other times this has been discussed one of the things to watch out for is O2 concentrated on your clothing when you're about to light the gas stove or a cigarette.

A quick chat with your local fire officers might be enlightening  (pardon the pun)  and I'd be interested to hear what they suggest.

An ounce of prevention etc,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:29am

Rick,

This might help:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 5:15pm

If it gives you peace of mind, confine your O2 use to one room. The link Peter posted will be of help.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:27pm

I have been using 02 for CH, 31yrs. The link Peter510 posted covers most of the safety rules. Static electricity in clothes can be a problem. During cycle, I don't use sweaters or shirts that create a spark.

Many people don't realize, 02 is not explosive! It will make anything burning, burn faster and hotter. I am a cigg. smoker, never around my 02.
If there is too much 02 in your space a match or cigg. will burn faster.

The 02 in your home will mix with the air within minutes to an hour or so. I live in a small house and have not blown up yet! After an attack the first thing I want is a cigg....

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!