Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alcohol as trigger for CH (Read 1170 times)
handlink
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Alcohol as trigger for CH
Mar 14th, 2021 at 7:05pm

I know there's no one trigger, or even the same triggers for everyone, which makes it tough to avoid them. I'm curious if anybody has identified alcohol as their own trigger, amount of alcohol, time between consumption and having an attack? Any details would be much appreciated. I know alcohol is known to be a significant trigger, but for me it's been hard to pin down a pattern. Thanks!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Alcohol as trigger for CH
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2021 at 9:33pm

You're dead right about alcohol being a trigger for so many CHeads,  Handlink,  to the point that many simply stop drinking completely during a cycle or don't drink at all, ever.

Equally there's others who can enjoy the occasional tipple,  some who can drink white wine but not red  (or vice versa)  and a delightful Aussie bloke who can drink beer to his heart's content during a cycle but he's long stopped admitting it publicly due to the hate mail.

I guess it's all just part and parcel of this topsy-turvy nightmare we get to enjoy from time to time.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2021 at 11:57pm

For me, during a cycle, one sip of beer, would alert the beast to attack.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2021 at 12:03am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 6:01am

I can’t touch the stuff at all. Chronic CH put paid to that years ago.

Like you Hoppy, one sip and I’m in trouble, and I have tested it a couple of times.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2021 at 6:27pm

(1) sip and I'm in trouble Beer big trigger.

Mark.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 11:41pm

During my 32yrs of CH, I've been mostly episodic. Also chronic times. During episodic times I cannot drink. Me and many others can drink during chronic times.

Strange but true.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!