Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member (Read 862 times)
itsfatboy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Apr 26th, 2021 at 10:40pm

Hi all

I am a 56yr old man from around Toronto Ontario.

I have suffered from CH for over 20 yrs but was only diagnosed 6 yrs ago. Prior to diagnosis, I was taking 6 advil cold and sinus tablets every day. I have been on Verapimil 240mg slow release for about 2 yrs. I control the pain with Zomig and sometimes Cambia. Sometimes I can control it by sucking ice cubes, pressing them against the roof of my mouth which freezes some nerves and helps to chase away the beast. I had maybe 6 headaches last year, now I camm getting them every other day.

I am getting married next week and afraid of having a CH at the ceremony so I signed up here to get more information.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Re: New member
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 3:51am

Hi there,

Welcome to CH.com.

Have you got Home Oxygen?

You should read the Oxygen Info page, on the yellow tab, on the top left of this page. It’s the “go to” abort for Clusterheads.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 4:13am

G'day,  Fats, and welcome to the club no-one wants to join.  At 14 years to get a diagnosis you may even hold a bit of a record because most of us managed it in only 6-10 years. 

Such is the marvels of modern science!

Your  current medication seems a little out-dated but, happily, this is the place where other ClusterHeads might be able to give you a few hints on other possibilities.

Few of them may prove to be the magic bullet before you take your vows next week but we wish you only the best.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2021 at 11:11pm

Like Peter said, "oxygen is the #1 go too, to abort the beast when at home" and same as, sumatriptan auto injectors when you're out and about.

Cheers Hoppy
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2021 at 11:50pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

ErikaLane
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 2:36pm

Congrats on your wedding.   I truly hope you did get through it CH free.

I take zomig and zolmitriptan for my headaches and it is a godsend for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!