Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So 2.5 years PF and... I'm back. (Read 732 times)
Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
So 2.5 years PF and... I'm back.
Jul 8th, 2021 at 12:50pm

Hello again. I see so many familiar names and faces an regretfully, so many new ones as well.
Roughly 2.5 years ago i did a sleep study and was diagnosed with obstructed sleep apnea and to my amazement, my attacks went from 4-5 a day to zero! i continued with the D3 regimen as it has always been quite effective. Sadly, the Devil jumped on my back again about two weeks ago and we've been dancing 1-2 times a day since. the severity seems not to be quite as bad and I did get a couple days with no attacks. Could this be because I have O2 attached to my CPAP?
I will say, to all the newbies or fairly new, you are most definitely in the right  places. Through the years, my AWESOME CH family has gotten me through many a Dark time and i am forever grateful to have them. Pay attention and as hard asit sounds, be patient, we'll get through this together.

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: So 2.5 years PF and... I'm back.
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2021 at 1:05pm

Hi again!  Smiley

I remember reading many reports here regarding a strong connection between sleep apnea and CH nighttime attacks. That makes a lot of sense now that we know how oxygen works to abort attacks. Fixing the blood oxygen problem stops the brain from overreacting.

While I haven't been formally diagnosed with apnea, I DO wear a fitbit which supposedly tracks my blood/ox levels through the night. Some nights, the graph can be quite erratic, and a mild headache upon waking can be associated with it. They are pretty mild due to my D3 regimen.

If you are adding O2 to your CPAP, sounds like a winning approach to me.

Take care,

Patti

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Re: So 2.5 years PF and... I'm back.
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2021 at 9:51pm

PF sorry to hear of your regression.  My story is similar to yours; since my Apnea diagnosis and treatment (Bipap) I have been CH free for 5 years now.  Do you track your AHI on your machine?  Apnea can worsen as we age or gain weight and sometimes a pressure adjustment is in order.  My Neuro has ratcheted me up twice when my AHI started to rise, and my events are again less than 1/hour.  I do not use oxygen, just the BIPAP.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!