Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A new medication...Emgality (Read 1143 times)
jackiegirl
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

A new medication...Emgality
Aug 5th, 2021 at 1:54pm

I went to a new neuro today for a follow-up visit with regard to a small aneurysm that came up on a CT scan.  I have not been in a cycle since Jan 2020, which was short and sweet... thank goodness.  We discussed my CH and I told her about the success I've been having with vitamins and O2 and all the misery that medications brought me. She gave me a bottle of Migravent, Vit B2, magnesium, buterbar, CoQ10, Bioperine.  She told me about a fairly new injection called Emgality.  She said her patients have had success with it.  I just started reading about it. Has anyone tried it?

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: A new medication...Emgality
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 2:44am

G'day, Jackiegirl,  and welcome.  If you scroll a little further down the Medications board where you've just posted this you'll find another couple of threads on Emgality.

Then go right to the bottom and click Page 2 there's another thread part way down.

Not a lot of info but worth a read regardless.

Everything else OK?

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

jackiegirl
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2021 at 7:39am

Thanks, Brian. Everything is good right now. I'm not new here but have been away from the board since my last cycle. 35 years in and I manage well with the Vitamin D3 reg, a few other suppliers, exercise, rest and 02 when a cycle hits. I tried every medication through the years and every one made my cycles longer and more painful. Now my cycles are only about 3 weeks and only really painful for about 1. I recently was able to access all of my blood work through the years and saw past vitamin D3 levels around 22. Now they are around 80. I guess that explains a lot. I know I'm not cured but am managing well thanks to the many courageous and compassionate warriors here. Thanks again!

IP Logged

jackiegirl
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2021 at 7:40am

Correction...a few other supplements..lol.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2021 at 3:27am

jackiegirl wrote on Aug 11th, 2021 at 7:40am:
Correction...a few other supplements..lol.

I enjoyed the misprint more than the correction.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

General_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0||||||
Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2021 at 12:40am

I am on Emgality 300 mg subQ per month. I then went 1.5 years without a cluster. Now after missing one month the headaches are back but not as severe. I take verapamil 240 mg three times a day during cluster phase and use sumatriptan 6 mg subQ with each headache at 5:45 am, 6:15 pm, 10:30 pm, and 2:40 am. Prior to the Emgality I had 2 cluster phases per year that lasted about 8 weeks. I no longer contemplate suicide since I started the Emgality.  I also take magnesium and vitamin D3. I like wine but i CANNOT touch it during a cluster phase. Emgality at 300 mg per month is FDA approved for Cluster headache indication. No other migraine medication has this indication.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2021 at 12:43am by General_Cluster »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!