Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Type 2 Diabetes??? (Read 459 times)
Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Type 2 Diabetes???
Aug 11th, 2021 at 12:55pm

So I have type two diabetes. 3 years ago i was prescribed metformin and found out rather quickly that it caused mega Kip 10 attacks for me. As of late i have been taking glipizide with some success as i went 2.5 PF.
  the beast is back and worse than i can ever remember! Like getting hit every 2-3 hours every day for the last month. Not sure what brought it back but i need help!!! I have noticed that a side effect of glipizide is headache and that when i take it, i seem to get nailed within the hour. Has anyone else had this problem and/or can you give suggestions on what i can do?

Thanks
Pfunk Cool

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

Falcon
CH.com Newbie

I'll sleep when I'm dead...

Malverne, NY
Re: Type 2 Diabetes???
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2021 at 2:15am

I too have type II diabetes. I found Avandia made me hit Kip 10, but Actos worked fine. Even though they are related drugs. So try meds to find one that gives you the best control, with the fewest side effects. Metformin is supposed to be the best of them but,  I am allergic to metformin (bad hives). Of all the meds, the biggest help I got was being put on basal insulin, it is taken once a day as it is time released.

I am chronic, and have found that there is a link for me when my sugar drops, then my CH is worse. If my sugar is very high, also worse. But they differ. With low BG I get confusion and the feeling of dread is worse and I get a duller, but deeper feeling in my eye. With high BG I’m more agitated and emotional, and the pain burns more. When my sugar is in range, the pain is milder (but still bad). Cheesy

In addition I’m blessed with Symogi syndrome (aka dawn phenomenon). So. At night I have to have something to eat exactly 45 min before I got to sleep, so my sugar doesn’t crash. I time it with my verapamil (2hours before I get my 3:30am CH.) So my night is like this…. At 1:30 I take my verapamil, with a half roll of Ritz crackers and a bit of protein, either cottage cheese or something leftover from dinner. I’m in bed by 2am, asleep by 2:30am. I wake at 3:30ish, have my visit with the beast, go back to bed & sleep till 6:30 when I take more verapamil & thyroid medicine, then sleep till 7am get up test (finger stick), & start getting ready for work. Then I have a CH at about 8ish. Take time to recover, eat, test take my basal insulin shot & my Actos tablet, then go to work. Repeat….each day.

If I balance it right my CH with the verapamil works and I might wake at 3:30 with only rhinitis and tearing eye, almost no pain. But if I screw up, eat a sugary dessert with dinner, or forget to eat, my CH is a kip 3-6 at 3:30 & the one at 8ish is a 5 or better, and I’ll usually have a third one shortly after it (unless I take a triptans to abort it) I keep the O2 next to my bed for that reason.

My medications:
I currently take Xultophy it’s basal insulin and Victoza mixed.
As well as Actos, to help with insulin resistance.
I use Verapamil, O2 & Maxalt to manage my CH.
& I take Armour Thyroid for hypothyroidism.

I’d also love to hear how others are handing both conditions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!