Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looks like I'm back (Read 651 times)
Tim1975
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Looks like I'm back
Dec 27th, 2021 at 3:15pm

I'm not new. Had been coming here for about the past 9 years. I choose to not come while I'm PF. I feel that it's cruel to tell everyone I'm pf while they suffer. The past 5 years though, my cycles were very short and my attacks were not very intense at all. In fact, they were so mild that I didn't think I was even having cycles.

However, this past week, they reminded me that they arent done with me. 4 years ago I saw a Neurologist and was officially diagnosed with episodic cluster headaches and was given Vamparil and Sumatripitan (spelling on both), but since the, because of covid, lost my insurance. I am in desperate need of Medicade or something so I can atleast get the Sumatriptitan back. Has anyone else un the US or Texas has to do this?

In the meantime, I read here about melatonin. Have alot of you has positive results with this? Ice pack, water and BC powders only provide minimal relief. Please someone help! Cry

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Looks like I'm back
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2021 at 6:08pm

Mate, real sorry you had to come look us up again but at least there's a little good news for you.

In case you missed it earlier, for the hit you know is coming try chugging down a Red Bull or similar as quickly as you can. Tastes awful, I know, but has been known to help.

Also have a look around the boards regarding Vitamin D therapy which was developed here just for us CHeads and many people are getting great results.

No need for insurance as it's all available over the counter and costs pennies.

Good luck and let us know how you get on,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2021 at 7:39pm

Tim1975,

At first sign a hot cup of coffee as fast as you can
or stand in front of a air conditioner and breath in the cold air.
it would help me plus I do vitamin D.

Mark.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2021 at 10:09pm

Hi Tim, your best bet to abort the beast is to get some oxygen, but seeing you have no insurance, you can get a tank from a welders supply, but don't say it's for CH's, say its for a fish tank, and you can get the demand valve that goes to 15lpm on line from Amazon, and the non-rebreather mask from the store to your left, good luck.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2021 at 10:20pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Ant
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Utah
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2022 at 10:36pm

I’m so sorry to here this. I had been symptom free for 3 years until recently. I still live by red bull and O2. Herbal remedies if you can find. Even when your ready, you really aren’t. Good luck.  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!