Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Histamine and CH (Read 544 times)
neorunner650
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Histamine and CH
Mar 20th, 2022 at 10:45pm

Has anyone considered a connection between histamine and CH?

The anti-inflammatory vitamin mix from Batch has been hugely beneficial but not a complete fix for me.

A few years ago during CH season I discovered I was allergic to eggs.  I stopped eating eggs and it diminished the pain and frequency right away.  The really weird thing is that in my systems eggs take 24 hours to react with swelling in random parts of my body.

I have had an episode or two since then so got to thinking that eggs also make my lips, tongue and sometimes feet swell up.  Swelling being a good sign of histamine overload.  As it turns out I also have the same reaction at random intervals with no explanation and no exposure to eggs.  So I started avoiding histamine foods.

I would encourage readers to research histamine foods list.  Avoid these foods for a while and see if there is any relief.  In my case I skipped this past fall/winter season of CH episodes entirely by sticking to the Anti-inflammatory vitamin mix but also adding in the avoiding of histamine foods.

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Re: Histamine and CH
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2022 at 4:47pm

Greetings!

I agree. Good advice. I think there is a connection. One of the vernacular labels for CH is histamine headache. I have no doubt that pollen and mold spores trigger my episodes. The anti-histamine diet isn't easy if you like fermented or cultured foods. That could be why beer and wine can set people off. I do my best to avoid some of my favorite foods during my most vulnerable seasons, like aged cheese and kefir. First generation anti-histamines like Benadryl can help too if you can take them.

Take care,
Patti

IP Logged

Malibambo
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Histamine and CH
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2022 at 7:14pm

I read about anafylaxia after having a painfree cluster attack i think i accidentally triggered from an aspirin.
I have every symptom. 🤣

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!