Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie (Read 204 times)
Samt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Jan 19th, 2023 at 7:03pm

I was newly diagnosed cluster headache patient.  I’m 44.   They came out of nowhere.   I was “lucky” and breezed thru the diagnosis, as I have MS and initially my neurologist thought I might have trigeminal neuralgia.   A few MRIs later and I am your new member.   Lucky me.   I live in western Massachusetts.    Water seems to work really well.   But doesn’t seem to last more then a few days.  Oxygen works pretty ok….  Thanks for all the info

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Re: Newbie
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2023 at 10:37pm

Welcome Sam, to a place you never wanted to be...  Rest assured you are not alone, and there is hope despite your suffering.  Lots of very knowledgeable people here with vast experience with this dreaded malady.  Many different approaches, and you will surely find something that helps.  Ask questions, tell us what is going on, and someone will have an idea or an approach that can bring some relief. 

I am always reminded of one of my old business partners, who, during one of our strategy sessions offered that our strategy should be to keep doing what we are doing until it stops working, and then do something else.  Good luck. You are most definitely in the right place.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2023 at 10:41pm

G'day,  Samt,  and welcome to the club no-one wants to join.  It's beaut you're already getting good results from our old friend Oxygen so have a look at the buttons down the left side of your screen for the one marked  Oxygen Info.

This may get you even better results and those who use the purpose-built cluster mask reckon it's the best thing since free beer.

Keep up the good fight because we're all there with you,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

CCHInRemission
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Halifax NS
Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2023 at 5:57am

Pain Free WIishes. There is many options available for treatment to abort and prevent. A neurologist, some CH friends and it will help you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!