Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Migraine Med Approved (Read 367 times)
Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
New Migraine Med Approved
Mar 11th, 2023 at 4:17pm

You would think/hope/pray that this is shown to have some positive effects for CH.  Does not appear at this stage to carry any heavy side effects.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: New Migraine Med Approved
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2023 at 5:41pm

Here's another link to the same product.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

My concern would be it can be quite slow to act  "In the pivotal phase 3 study, published online on February 16, 2023, in The Lancet Neurology, zavegepant was statistically superior to placebo in providing pain freedom and freedom from most bothersome symptom two hours after the treatment dose. Some people in the trial reported pain relief as soon as 15 minutes after using the nasal spray.

Nevertheless,  we CHeads will consider anything that might help and this is another string in our bow.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Traveller
CH.com Veteran

Tampa, FL
Re: New Migraine Med Approved
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2023 at 7:57pm

Agree.  2 hours isn't gonna help CH sufferers much, but time will tell.  Hopefully it becomes yet another option for us. 

Related to absolutely nothing, when they decided to name this drug it appears they found some left-over scrabble tiles and threw them onto the floor.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!