Posted by Mike B (18.104.22.168) on July 11, 2001 at 23:52:33:
In Reply to: Monster headache! posted by Karyn on July 11, 2001 at 23:20:22:
I Wish I did know something that would help you.
It has been suggested to me to try the following
Kind of drained at the moment. But trying to remember:
- Ice on hands and feet or put feet in bucket of ice water. Also, maybe take a cold shower?
- Strenuous excersize in order to get the blood flowing to the extremeties. This has been reported to be 100% effective by some for some. (Thanks Lynn Davidson BTW, I have tried it did help some but man you've got to be tough at the start because of the jostling/jarring:)
- Rapid breathing. Like trying to get the very last bit of o2 out of the air. (Thanks Nancyc)
- Visualization: Think of something that is great and try to keep focusing on it...
- Dr. Wrights circulatory method: Seems to be basically bio-feedback, Concentrate on sending blood flow to hands (Or other extremities) in order to help get some blood out of the head, thereby relieving the CH. (Charlie S explains this much better than I)
I am sure that I did not get it right, but I tried. I really hope that it eases up on you. Look around there are some great suggestions that people are constantly making... Hopefully someone will come along who can help you a ittle more!
Praying for you right now! Hang in there! We're pulling for you!
Love and PF time soonest, Michael B
Post a Followup