Posted by A Dame (18.104.22.168) on August 03, 1999 at 19:59:17:
In Reply to: Give It To God posted by jen on August 03, 1999 at 15:33:54:
Read this chapter, not long.
1. O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3. Thou compasset my path and my lying down, and art acquianted with all my ways.
4. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
Read the verses in between.
Verse 23 & 24 are my favorites
23. Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Maybe God is testing us to see if we will turn our eyes on him, or fall to brumbling, hating, complaining, etc.
Post a Followup