Posted by Jeremy on September 04, 1998 at 07:52:50:
04 Sept. '98
Regarding my posting asking if any sufferers had
experienced childhood abuse, I would like to make a few
clarifications and comments:
1. It was my psychiatrist who referred me to a
neurologist explaining that the clusters were
pathalogical, NOT psychosomatic,
and proper medication was needed.
2. Since a genetic predisposition has yet to be
identified, it's worthwhile exploring any possible
cause which might alter neurochemistry as to cause CHAs.
3. The psychiatrist observed a high correlation of
patients who suffered mental abuse during childhood
and CHA sufferers.
4. I offered this posting as a survey to learn of any
correlations. Most responses had an angry defensive tone
that I would even pose such a question.
It's a pity that even in our enlightened age, anything
linked with mental illness is stigmatized.
5. Some suggested the doctors I go to are from the
Dark Ages. They are with Cornell-NY Hosp..which is
considered in high regard among the medical community.
In a quest to learn more about CHA and how to cure, or
live with them, I don't want to rule anything out;
isn't everything worth exploring?
Post a Followup