Posted by Ted (188.8.131.52) on September 14, 1999 at 14:02:54:
First, a VERY brief history of a portion of my life. When I was in 7th grade and Three Mile Island had its accident I started paying attention to current events and became active in fighting for what I believe in. Throughout my life I fought for causes by joining and starting organizations, writing letters to editors and politicians, joining and organizing demonstrations and lobbying politicians in person.
History lesson over. The reason I state this is because I've decided to do what I, for some reason that even I don't know, haven't done before. Get political with state and federal politicians. I plan on setting up appts. with my state rep and senators, as well as my national rep and US senators. Also, writing letters to all that can be helpful within the gov't.
That still doesn't answer why the history lesson now does it? Well, I need some help in finding out answers to certain questions. If any of you know where I can find this info and/or have online addresses please respond by this board, or better yet through an Email.
* What are the number of reported CH people in a county, state and countrywide? Figures of misdiagnosed or estimates of all cases reported and unreported?
* What are the figures for how many killed themselves over the course of a year or 5 or 10, because of CHs?
* How much does my state (MA) and the fed spend on research into CHs?
* How much does the state and fed and business spend on CH related sick days, disability (and number of people on disability because of CHs), what the disability benefits are broken down like (SS checks, medicare, medicaid, etc ...) psychological therapy, ...?
* Are there any famous people that we know of who suffered from CHs?
*Whast's the history of CH?
*Are their geographical clusters of peole with CH and where are they?
Post a Followup