Posted by Todd (126.96.36.199) on January 19, 2000 at 23:04:50:
In Reply to: be careful... posted by Q on January 19, 2000 at 22:30:45:
inĚduce (n-ds, -dys)
v. tr. inĚduced, inĚducĚing, inĚducĚes.
1. To lead or move, as to a course of action, by influence or persuasion. See Synonyms at persuade.
2. To bring about or stimulate the occurrence of; cause: a drug used to induce labor.
3. To infer by inductive reasoning.
4. To produce (an electric current or a magnetic charge) by induction.
5. To produce (radioactivity, for example) artificially by bombardment of a substance with neutrons, gamma rays, and other particles.
6. To initiate or increase the production of (an enzyme or other protein) at the level of genetic transcription.
Post a Followup