The best thing would be to get a referal to a neuro.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by ChgoJack ( on February 18, 2000 at 01:16:07:

In Reply to: husband needs help posted by lillian on February 17, 2000 at 23:22:01:

At the "family doctor" level misdiagnoseses of ch as being a sinus or dental problem seem fairly common.Misdiagnoses by the sufferer is pretty much a sure thing. It is very likely that a referal to a neurologist can be obtained from your family doctor over the phone. Neuro's seem to be bussy people and can be booked solid for a month before you can get a formal appointment. Try explaining the "urgency" of the situation and ask to have a "quick consultation" with the neurologist to see if your husband is a candidate for a perscription for imitrix, I take the 50mg pill which for me takes 30-45 min. to take effect, It also comes in inhaler form which may be faster acting.Also ask them to notify you if there are any cancelations. IMPORTANT: Alcohal can trigger and dramatically increase the intensity of ch. Oxygen deprivation to the brain due to a lack of fresh air or over exposure of poor air quality, ie. smokey room,etc. seems to agravate the condition.Unfortunately, the brains own defense mechanisms can make one "forget the true intensity" of pain the day after the attack and it is easy to put off seeing the dr. in- perpetituity, instead "reliving the worst pain" in ones life over & over again.I put off seeing a doctor in the past because I didnt have insurance and figured that with the crippling pain I probably had a brain tumor or some other well advanced terminal illness, I CANT STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF SEEING A DOCTOR ENOUGH.ONLY A DOCTOR CAN SAY WHAT YOU HAVE, PRESCRIBE TREATMENT, AND GET THE CONDITION UNDER CONTROL.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]