Posted by Chonas (188.8.131.52) on February 21, 2000 at 19:13:58:
In Reply to: Prednisone dosage levels posted by David on February 21, 2000 at 18:21:15:
How should I take prednisone?
• Take prednisone exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more or less than is prescribed for you. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
• Take each dose with a full glass of water.
• Take prednisone with food or milk to lessen stomach upset.
• Measure the liquid with the dropper provided or with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup. Ask your pharmacist for a dose-measuring spoon or cup if you do not have one.
• If you are taking one dose daily, take that dose before 9 a.m. if possible, so as to follow your body's natural cycle. If you take more than one dose daily, space the doses evenly throughout the day as directed by your doctor.
• Do not stop taking prednisone suddenly if you have been taking it for a few weeks. You may need a gradual reduction in dosage before you stop taking this medication.
• Carry some type of medical identification that will let others know you are taking prednisone in the case of an emergency.
• Store prednisone at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Post a Followup