Posted by Flash (18.104.22.168) on February 23, 2000 at 14:04:47:
In Reply to: Shrooms...Are you kidding? posted by Andre on February 23, 2000 at 13:23:18:
To answer your questions:
1) Yes I am episodic, I used to get an episode once every 6 months for 1 month. I totally fucked up the cycle taking acid when I was 23-24 years old, so I missed out of a few episodes, although at the time I couldn't figure out why. You see taking LSD or psilocybin/psilocilin outwith an episode will prevent the next episode even though it isn't due for a few months. That is something I find especially interesting. It is although it somehow fixes a gradually occurring chemical imbalance. I took me until late 1995 to begin to suspect that the skipped episodes might have been down to recreational drug abuse! By that time I had stopped taking drugs! The irony of it. Since 1995 I have only had 2 episodes. Both of these were deliberatley triggered by me not taking a biannual dose of mushrooms. I did this to check I still had CH and that the remission was a ntural occurance.
2) I don't know how well this treatment would work for a chronic. If search this site's guest book for LSD you'll find an entry by a chronic of 20 years standing - he mentions getting relief from periodic LSD trips, but doesn't elaborate. There is a guy just now, Greg, husband of Monique, who is chronic and trying this therapy. Another guy Rider is also trying this with a great deal of success, but I'm not sure whether he is chronic.
3) I would start with as low a dose as possible, I would hate the treatment to become ineffective with over use.
4) It makes no difference how much you take. I haven't tried less than a 1/4 street dose myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked just as well. I started off taking the full street dose.
5) Yes I'm too old for the recreational effects now myself. That's why I recommend taking a small dose, and drinking it slowly. If you have the bottle (pardon the pun) then you could try taking alchohol to couteract the mild feeling of uneasiness or dread that comes about 15-30 mins after ingestion. If the alchohol doesn't trigger a headache staright away then that's a damn good sign. My favourite trick these days is to save taking the mushrooms until the episode acutally starts. I wait until I get the full blown booze intolerance then I mix up the old magic potion. I start by taking a big swig of whiskey 15 mins before I down the psilo. Heh heh, just as my private armageddon gets underway the psilo kicks in and it goes out with a whimper. There you go, but I am a sick bastard, and such is my hatred for CH... I just love to show it whose boss now, after it ruined 10 years of my life. It's one of the highlights of my year. Anyway - I digress.
A lot of people think that methysergide works just as well, but I doubt it when you consider the dosage required, and the length of treatment with it. Also would you look at the side effects of that sucker. Ouch!
Try looking up the chemical structure of Psilocilin and compare it with serotonin. It's spooky. You can see that Psilocybin metabolises into Psilocilin in the body. If you check out LSD-25 you will see that it metabolises into something similar. Something all these substances have in common is an indole ring.
Please let me know if you have any sucess with this treatment.
Post a Followup