Posted by stephen (220.127.116.11) on February 27, 2000 at 01:58:07:
In Reply to: Triggers posted by Bill C on February 26, 2000 at 23:18:57:
Shellfish tend to collect mercury and iodine in their viscera and meat. You may have had a toxic reaction especially if the clams or muscles came from contaminated waters and you ate a lot of them. You never know where they came from unless you personally harvested them yourself. The toxic reaction may have been what triggered your CH. (Havenít had any increase in CHís after consuming either muscles or clams myself recently though). Even if someone else ate just as many as you did and didnít get sick (some people are very sensitive to iodine). I Could be wrong just a thought but, I just thought I would throw that up. No I mean out there.
Post a Followup