I think...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by Bob P ( on April 06, 2000 at 13:08:33:

In Reply to: Bob P. -- thanks for your suggestion posted by Sue H. on April 06, 2000 at 11:35:53:

Indocine (indomethacine @150mg/day) should be the first thing prescribed for anyone with HAs that resmeble CH in any way. I see an awful lot of people saying their HAs last 30 minutes but they get 8, 10 ,12 a day. The first thing I think when I see that is CPH. And since indocine is supposed to be 100% effective on CPH, take it. Some will say, I don't have CPH, I have CH and get 10-12 HAs a day. That may be but I still think you're nuts if you don't at least try indocine to completely rule out the CPH.

Folks - CPH has the same symptoms as CH. One sided, tearing eye, running nose, excruciating pain. The only difference between CH and CPH is that in CPH the HAs are shorter in duration, more frequent and mostly female.

Indocine is a strong NSAID, like the over the counter stuff (Alieve, etc). As long as you take it with food to protect your stomach, it really doesn't have much in the way of side effects (makes me a little drowsy; makes hub a littler dopier than normal). It's cheap, doctors don't usually hesitate about prescribing it. It's worth a try. If it doesn't help your headches, no big deal. Move on the other CH meds as you've now ruled out CPH.

Hope it works for your hubby Sue. Keep me posted.

Bob P

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]