capsaicin cream

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by pinksharkmark ( on May 28, 2000 at 01:44:52:

In Reply to: Hot pepper cream! posted by Elaine on May 27, 2000 at 08:45:12:

It is sold commercially as "capsaicin cream", so-called because the stuff that makes hot peppers "burn" is a compound called capsaicin. I suspect it is probably way more expensive than mixing up your own batch of vaseline and cayenne pepper, and probably no more effective, although it may not stain clothing.

I tried it up my nose... once! Yoweee... what a zinger! Didn't seem to faze the beast any, for me at least. I know we are all different in what works and what doesn't. I must admit that I didn't try rubbing it on my face, though... and I did only try it the one time. Now I wish I hadn't tossed it away. Maybe I'll mix up my own and be a bit more persistent this time.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]