Anethesiologists CH relief

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by Mike L ( on August 01, 2000 at 14:33:01:

In Reply to: Any Anesthesiologists With CH? posted by Enrique Geiger on August 01, 2000 at 09:31:26:

I was unable to get much relief at all until I went to an Anetheiologist. After discussing surgery we tried medications first. I started on methadone slowly increasing the dosage for a couple months. Not only did it lesen the pain but if cut the frequency of attacks by 70% or more. The Dr. explained that sometimes it alters the receptors that cause the headaches and prevents them from even coming. Because I use daily narcotics it allows me to use Actiq, asrong narcotic in a sucker form. The Actiq will reduce the pain by 80-90% in about 20 minutes. I was unable to work for 5 years, now I can work 3-4 days a week. The Dr name is Dr Webster in Salt Lake City Utah. Best of luck MIKE L

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]