Posted by Margi (18.104.22.168) on August 03, 2000 at 14:42:52:
AWright, you guys....I'm already bummed out enough that we can't be at the convention and NOW I'm hearing undercurrents out there, that there are some "supporters" who just aren't getting it...
1. Your sufferer canNOT stop the onset of an attack and or cycle.
2. Your sufferer does NOT purposefully have an attack or start a cycle in order to avoid doing something distasteful. Would YOU honestly try to rip your own eye out, just because you didn't want to go to your mother-in-law's for dinner? Come on...
3. Your sufferer does NOT WANT to have repeated attacks through the day, trust me. They are REALLY NOT trying to ruin your plans for the day!!!
4. If you have to take on a few extra household chores because your sufferer is being attacked, then so be it. If your sufferer is anything like mine, they will more than make up for the time you spend helping them through their cycle, when they are not in pain.
5. Lastly, cluster headaches suck. For sufferers and for supporters. That's it, that's all. But let's work together to control them and ease a little stress for each other along the way.
Direct all hate mail/whiny complaints to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*seriously* if you are a supporter for someone who suffers cluster headaches, please do write to me - I can give you some coping ideas. It IS hard, you DO feel helpless, but you are NOT alone anymore!! Don't take out your frustrations on your sufferers, folks.
Post a Followup