Posted by Margaret G (126.96.36.199) on September 14, 2000 at 21:14:23:
In Reply to: If you're looking for ch.com... posted by Simon on September 14, 2000 at 20:17:48:
So, I'll see if I can address a few of your questions.
1. I changed doctors, and TOLD the new one I had CH. I was put through the ususal "tell me about it" drill, and then heard, "Sounds like classic Cluster Headaches". Then, we finally proceeded with the needed medications.
2. Most helpful comments from Dr...IMHO..
A. It isn't uncommon to have both CH & Migraine.
B. Winding up with dentures to try to cure CH is a story I (the neuro) hear all the time.
4. 50 words or less..prime time TV:
Cluster Headaches produce the most severe sustained pain known.
Ch is a totally different disease than Migraines.
There is no cure for CH.
CH is more than the pain of the attacks, there will often be sleep deprivation, fear,and depression,and the sufferer will feel unwell following an attack.
5. Any CH sufferer should come to ch.com for information, encouragement, and support.
Unless a first time sufferer, a person could share experience coping with CH, medical or otherwise,and be supportive of ones in crisis.
6. To further the cause of CH sufferers, keep on talking to anyone who will listen, try to educate everyone you can about this disease. Take or make opportunities to publicize the need for research for a cure.
Do join OUCH...there is strength in numbers!
Post a Followup