Posted by Q (18.104.22.168) on September 18, 2000 at 11:01:35:
In Reply to: Here is an idea posted by Miguel on September 18, 2000 at 10:19:00:
My last beaker handling was 25 years ago in college, so for extra credit, could you pass me the crib sheet?
(1) Given a pile of "wet" or "dry" caps and stems, what equipment does one need and what are the procedures to do this extration.
(2) Where does one go about getting ether? From the ethernet?
(3) Would PGA (pure-grain alcohol), the 180 proof stuff, work as well as ether?
(4) Is the resulting extracted compound light/heat-sensitive, and if so, what would be the recommended storage technique and expected shelf-life?
(5) Dr. Hoffman's lab worked under a series of darkroom conditions, (red lights, blue lights) when preparing certain psychoactive compounds. Is this necessary or beneficial in this extraction process?
(6) Dr. Hoffman used a flash-freeze or vacuume-dry technique. Is this advantagous to the layman's lab?
Post a Followup