Surgery for CH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by Larry ( on September 27, 2000 at 16:48:25:

In Reply to: surgery posted by dougW on September 27, 2000 at 11:52:34:

I don't know if you would call it surgery or not but about 15 years
ago I was having daily attacks of 8-10 on the Kip scale. I called the
Neurosurgeon who first diagnosed me as having CH and who got me started
on the right meds. He told me to come to the hospital (Univ. of Minn.)
as soon as I could. It's a 6 hour trip from my city so I told him I
would be there as soon as I could.
He did a radiofrequency trigeminal rhizotomy on me. That is an experience
in itself. He said it won't eliminate all the pain but reduce it some.
He could only do so much so the cornea in the eye wouldn't be paralyzed.
There is slight numbness in the right side of my face but no other side
effects. After this time I will say I think it has helped. When I have
attacks now they are probably 6-8 on the kip scale.
If you decide on this it is imperative you find a Neurosurgeon who had
done this before. I'm certain there are some at Univ. of Minn. but ther
must be others. The Dr. I had would be retired or dead by now. Hope this
is some help to you or others.
Hope everyone has PFND - Larry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!