Posted by Flash (126.96.36.199) on October 17, 2000 at 16:05:00:
In Reply to: Not only that ... posted by Bob P on October 17, 2000 at 15:45:21:
I got so sick of you yeast agnostics I already tried a little experiment, that you may readily duplicate.
Yesterday I took 4 litres of pasturised Tropicana Orange Juice (2 x 2l). This has a specific gravity of around 1045-1050. It contains no bacteria or fungus (including yeast). I sterilised a 1 gallon Demijohn with Chempro SPD for an hour. Then I poured the orange juice into it, and added 1 campden tablet (sodium metabisulphate) for good measure and stoppered it off with a sterilised including and air lock that contains 1/8 of a campden tablet mixed in water. This morning, 24 hours later I sterilised a glass, again with Chempro for an hour. Then I added some cooled boiled water to the glass. Next I spat every ounce of saliva I could muster into the glass. Then I added - oh yes - the contents of the glass to the demijohn. Finally I reinserted the sterilised bung and airlock.
Needless to say it is already fermenting. No I do not intend to drink it, or distribute it under a brand name.
1) So my saliva contains yeast. It shouldn't.
2) Chronic Candida Infection is about the only thing that can cause yeast to enter your saliva. Except from emptying a packet of yeast into your mouth, and swilling it around for 20 minutes.
3) Over prescription of Tetracyclines etc WILL cause this condition.
4) This condition is serious.
5) Out of 11 CH sufferers tested, 5 are positive. That's way too many.
So what part don't you believe/understand/take seriously?
Post a Followup