Posted by Todd (220.127.116.11) on January 05, 2001 at 17:34:22:
In Reply to: Seperating Codeine posted by Kathleen on January 05, 2001 at 15:20:03:
Acetaminophen with codeine is an OTC analgesic combined with a narcotic, thus becoming a prescription drug.
If you want straight acetaminophen, hit any supermarket or pharmacy and buy the generic brand.
If you really want to separate the drugs in your present pills, I suggest the following:
1. Obtain a 4-year degree in Chemistry
2. Purchase a fully equipped laboratory ($3-6 Million)
3. Using a mortar and pestle, crush all your pills into a powdered state.
4. Add the appropriate reagents (I have no idea what they are. This is why you need that degree)
5. I think the next step involves a centrifuge. (This is why you bought that expensive lab)
6. While you're waiting on the chemical separation to be achieved in the centrifuge....
7. Go to any supermarket or pharmacy and buy the generic acetaminophen.
Post a Followup