Donald had a Dr appt on Monday and I've kinda waited to post

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]
Help us fight Cluster Headaches! Visit the O.U.C.H. Website!

Posted by Cheryl ( on January 10, 2001 at 09:10:57:

to see what was going to happen with his new medication. The Dr still wants the Rhizotomy... Donald does to if it will stop the pain. I felt so bad for Donald. The Dr was sitting there typing his notes about our visit and Donald was pouring his heart out to him. With his voice shaking and in tears he told the doc to please do something I can't take it anymore. Dr Walker wants to send Donald to Tx for the Rhizotomy but we CAN'T afford it. With our financial situation and getting over Christmas it just ain't possible. And he mentioned a guy in Alabama that we could probably drive to. I am so nervous that if he does this and it doesn't work that he will really go jump off of a cliff. I have mentioned to him again about the mushrooms. I am curious myself if it would help Donald. But as of now the doc is taking Donald off of the Lithium and adding Nurontin, keeping him on the imitrex and gave him (1) bottle of Stadol.. Donald certainly thought that should have been more, But the doc is also thinking of putting him back on the Methadone. ........ Donald's spirits are some better we are definately communicating and getting along better. We both believe in GOD and I have made a physical effort of every night we are on our knees every night asking God to help each and everyone of us. I can smile today and hope that I can help someone else to smile. I am glad to see some newcomers have found their way to us. We will find our way through this horrible nightmare.

Love to you all and thanks

P.S. Hope to see you guys here in Atlanta

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!