[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]
Help us fight Cluster Headaches! Visit the O.U.C.H. Website!

Posted by Carl D ( on February 16, 2001 at 04:24:27:

In Reply to: Change in HA looking for info HELP posted by Adam Hall on February 15, 2001 at 17:49:01:

I have had CH for 13+ years now. When they first started, they hurt like hell, but everytime I went out of cycle into a remission - when they returned they were 10 times stronger than the previous episodes. February of '98 I became chronic, which means I have no remissions, and the attacks are the worst they have ever been.

As for the residual effects, yes, you will have tender spots on your head, and at times will feel like an attack is coming on, but that pressure just lingers. That is what is known as shadowing. So, it does sound to me like you have, as my general Practitioner calls them "Classic Clusters". The important thing is to find a good neurologist who knows what they are talking about, and knows how to treat CH. There are many different medications that can prevent the attacks, or abort them. Two you may want to try that work for alot of people are Verapamil (as a preventative) and Imitrex injections (as an abortive). Just make sure you get a good doc. It may even take some searching, but there are some good neuro's that do know how to treat CH - you just have to weed out the insensitive quacks who do not understand CH,proper treatments, or most importantly, what someone who suffers with these things goes through.

Wishing you luck,
Carl D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!